Booting problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booting problems

Ok so my carpc has been working fine for almost a year now. And lately its been a little cold so I've been letting the car warm up for 5-10 minutes before starting it and its been fine.

Well this last week or so it dosent seem to be working. PC goes into the post test just fine and then goes to the bootscreen and then it reboots itself. I did use the search function and I found this thread: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/powe...g-instead.html
    I dont think I have the same problem he had simply because the PC has been working fine all this time and just out of the blue stopped. Not sure what to do.

Specs:
    PSU M1-ATX power supply
    VIA EPIA MII12000 Mini-ITX Mainboard
    Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512MB DDR400 PC3200 XMS Memory
    Windows XP
    RoadRunner Frontend

-Smitty
    CarPC is up and Running

-Smitty
    CarPC is up and Running

Comment

So its rebooting in the windows screen? (or whatever your using) Or before it hits the OS?
      Car Pc progress meter:
      [-5%-------------------] Carpc build #2. So far, 20$ deep! I love recycling!

"The car is the closest we will ever come to creating something that is truly alive" -Sir William Lyons
      My worklog

Comment

Originally posted by redls1bird View Post
        So its rebooting in the windows screen? (or whatever your using) Or before it hits the OS?
        after it POSTs I see my really cool transformers Bootscreen and it acts like everything is ok at first and then it reboots. Like I'll see the bootscreen for 5-10seconds and then it reboots

-Smitty
        CarPC is up and Running

Comment

Working...
        X