CD Ripping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD Ripping

What's everyone using to rip CD's to onto the carpc? I started using WMP but had issues with album art and Roadrunner. It didn't recognize the embedded art... Uggggggggggggggggggggggg.

help

You should check out the rr plugins forum.
    Car Pc progress meter:
    [-5%-------------------] Carpc build #2. So far, 20$ deep! I love recycling!

"The car is the closest we will ever come to creating something that is truly alive" -Sir William Lyons
    My worklog

Comment

Seems like too many tweeks and fixes to make it work. Doesn't it basically use winamp?

Comment

You can use Windows Media Player (make sure you edit the ripping options), which would be a good solution if you're running streetdeck or Centrafuse.

I prefer CDex myself. http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/

Comment

I'm no doubt old school, but I also have had it with over-complicated-eats-my-entire-life pc foolery... (meaning the vagaries and complications of FLAC and other lossless ripping codecs)

I rip my cd's using WMP, set to "lossless" (it's not really...) .wav files. I've never heard the music better. Winamp is clunky, my Street Deck is currently sick, so I play using WMP - works wonderfully.

Helpful hint: I've been on the road and decided that I don't like the current music and can't change it due to traffic; so, I now throw together a quick playlist of desired music -- and drive in satisfaction!
          Happy CarPC'ing!

Comment

I like CDEX for ripping. Uses the LAME codec (good) and is free.

http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/?q=download

Comment

I too opt for CDex, fast easy free etc...
              Tidder

Try RevFE
              The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

CDeX is a really good soft. I use it too

Comment

Working...
                X