Posts w/ links keep disappearing.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posts w/ links keep disappearing.

I was trying to suggest a product on NewEgg to someone (along with a link to the site) but my posts kept getting instantly deleted. I presume I was getting automatically flagged as "spam" but I see external links to eBay and such all the time on this site. What's the rule? Is it because my postcount is low? Or am I missing something?
    2008 Subaru WRX Worklog

Music I've created: JackPryorMusic.com

As I have posted in the thread you are referring to, new members post are moderated. It also depends on the content of the post as well. It is purely a measure to reduce spam on the forums.

Hope this explains it for you.
    Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

Thanks dude. No offense taken - I understand and can appreciate the moderating. I was just trying to figure out the rule so I can avoid running into it again. (And making sure I didn't violate some user policy...) I guess I'll keep posting and see how it goes.
      2008 Subaru WRX Worklog

Music I've created: JackPryorMusic.com

Comment

you should be fine now you have made a few more posts.

Comment

I posted my first thread in the newbie forum and it didn't show up, so I hit post again, is it on a moderator's queue to be approved? I assume they'll delete one of the duplicates when they check the "this guy isn't a spammer" box for me? I don't remember seeing this in the rules, maybe I missed it.

Comment

Yes more than likely your thread is waiting to be approved. The duplicate will be deleted.

Comment

Working...
            X