2000w inverter wont power xbox 360 help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000w inverter wont power xbox 360 help

I have a 2000w inverter in my car and it wont power my xbox 360. Am i doing somwthing wrong +ve from battery -ve to chasis. I looked at the amperage it was consuming and it was 16A thats a 4000w inverter i have read that ppl had done it waith 500w inverter. My power brick says
    input ac 200-240v-2.7A
    output dc 12v-16.5A
    5Vsb-1A

Did you pay like a thousand dollars for that inverter? No? Well because it is not a true sine wave inverter. House AC is a smooth sine wave. Cheap *** inverters are usually square waves. Sometimes sawtooth looking. High power electrical components cannot deal with that. A 500W true sine wave inverter will work better than a 10000W cheapo as well. Also the cheap ones you will get audio interference.

Also how thick are your cables going to the inverter? If you plug something else in, does it work?

Need some process of elimination information to help any further.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

ahh not a true sine wave. my tv and fridge work on it the wires are household 3 core.

Comment

well a tv and a fridge dont need as precise a clock as the 360. If the 360 power brick doesnt regulate as well as it should, that is probably the problem. But 12v at 16A should be doable via a DC-DC, or rather a few DC-DCs...

Or you can do it the correct way and put a real computer in your car like most of us here...
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Working...
        X