TV Tuner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Tuner

Are there any kind of TV Tuners that just output Yellow/Red/White ? I Don't have a CarPC In my camaro *But I've built one for a Dodge Ram* But I have a JVC KD-AVX2 deck in my car. I think it would be rather neat to put a TV Tuner in so I can watch Simpsons or something in there. The only ones I see are Computer Related.

TV tuners don't output, they serve as a TV/video signal input for your computer. The only combination TV tuner/video card (that I know of) is the ATI All-in-Wonder.

Otherwise, you need a video card that supports composite video output (or s-video and downsample it), and get a headphone to RCA (red/white) adapter for your audio from your motherboard or sound card. Either that or get a monitor with a VGA input.

Comment

Originally posted by theratdude64 View Post
      Are there any kind of TV Tuners that just output Yellow/Red/White ? I Don't have a CarPC In my camaro *But I've built one for a Dodge Ram* But I have a JVC KD-AVX2 deck in my car. I think it would be rather neat to put a TV Tuner in so I can watch Simpsons or something in there. The only ones I see are Computer Related.
      I think I get what your saying. You dont have a CarPC, but you want to watch TV on your non pc based unit. I would check with the manufatuer, they may have an add on module to enable that feature. I know my little brother has a DUAL headunit that has the TV tuner. Most TV tuners on a car application are flakky when moving. I had a TV tuner adding to my CarPC, the reception was so bad moving, I decided to remove the card and simply stream my SlingBox to my car.

Good luck on your search.
      Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
      4X MK808b
      3x Perixx Touchpads
      3x 7 inch Screens
      1X 7 inch motorized Screen
      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Yeah. Just Yellow/Red/White output TV Tuner. I actually found a bunch but most of the ones I'm finding are discontinued But I did find this one

http://qualitymobilevideo.com/Mercha...duct_Code=TVT2

I've got Radeon TV Tuners in my PC's, so I'm pretty familiar with those

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X