DVD Sound but no voices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Sound but no voices

When playing DVD's on WMP11 I get all the back gound sounds but no voices. I am using the on board sound card with an FM modulator.
    In the research I have done I have found that my DVD might be playing in surround sound. Since my stock stereo does not support this I am loosing the voice track that normally comes through the center speaker.
    My question is, how do I change this? I don't see any options in WMP or sound options to play the audio in stereo. Any help would be appreciated.
    Getting quality goods and service is like buying oats. If you would like clean, fresh oats you must pay a fair price. If you would like oats that have already been through the horse, those are a little cheaper.

Your audio is set to 5.1 surround sound. Set your Windows speaker setup to stereo (2.0) or get AC3Filter to fix it for you.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I checked my speaker set up in the control panel. I had it set to "desktop stereo speakers". I tried all different options with no success.

Downloaded the AC3 Filter and I now have voices in my head! (unit)
      Thanks
      Getting quality goods and service is like buying oats. If you would like clean, fresh oats you must pay a fair price. If you would like oats that have already been through the horse, those are a little cheaper.

Comment

What sound card do you have? i know the SoundBlaster Live USB, makes you set it to 5.1 to get the subwoofer to work, but if you dont connect the center speaker, it automatically routes center to the left and right front speakers.
        Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
        4X MK808b
        3x Perixx Touchpads
        3x 7 inch Screens
        1X 7 inch motorized Screen
        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

I am using the onboard sound from the Beginner Car Pc from MP3Car. Nothing fancy.
          I've got too much money in this project already to afford good sound. Someday when my monitor woes are a thing of the past I'll upgrade the sound.

Comment

Whazzup Corona?

I'm an old LA boy, marooned in Philly.

How 'bout some more photos of yr install?
            Happy CarPC'ing!

Comment

Hey Brucedog. I bet you're missing our weather here. It was almost 80 deg. today.

I tried to upload some pictures to the MP3Car image hosting but they were too big. How do I shrink theme down so I can post them?

I'm not to good with that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by JLemieux View Post
                Hey Brucedog. I bet you're missing our weather here. It was almost 80 deg. today.

I tried to upload some pictures to the MP3Car image hosting but they were too big. How do I shrink theme down so I can post them?

I'm not to good with that stuff.
                You can use a basic photo editor to reduce them. I use Irfanview. It is available for free from www.irfanview.com

hope this helps

Comment

buzzy aussie - Thanks for that link. That worked great!

brucedog - Ok, so hear is a little teazer of my install. I don't think I'm supposed to be showing off my project in this forum, but since you asked....

Comment

i just ran into the same problem today playing a dvd. AC3Filter fixed it.

thanks
                    95 Mustang 5.0
                    Custom Case, VIA m10000, 512 MB, 80gig, M2-ATX, Slot Load DVD, 7" LCD Touchscreen

80% done

Comment

JLemieux you should paint your screen surround black, kinda sticks out like a sore thumb. Is it removable? First thought to me was "steal me". Interesting solution with the pivot mounts though.

Comment

JLemieux what make / model is your screen/ ??

Looks nice n clear.

I haven't liked my Lilli 629 from day one:

>filmy touchscreen overlay looks krappy

>7" just too small for me old eyes...
                        Happy CarPC'ing!

Comment

Crooper - The screen frame is not done yet, it will be powder coated black when it is finished. It is easily removable by design. Two wing nuts and a single connector and it's out. Then I can lock it up or take it with me.

Bruedog - I figured that picture of the monitor in direct sunlight was going to spark some questions. It is a 10.4 Durapixel LCD made by LiteMax with an infrared touchscreen by IR Touch. As far as a sunlight readable screen, I don't think they get any better than this. There are some problems I am having with it that are getting ironed out, so I haven't posted much about it yet.

Comment

Working...
                          X