X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Car Pc Project

Hi, i have just bought this off ebay...

Item number: 110232685337

i would like it hard-wired into my car, i would like it to turn on with my ignition and shut down when i turn the ignition off. what cables etc. would i need to buy in order to do this?

also, at the moment it has media engine front end installed, i would like to use centrafuse, but i would like to know how i can use the current satnav and phone bluetooth setup in conjunction with centrafuse?

sorry for all the questions. also would a GPS reciever work if it was on the parcel shelf? or does it have to go in the windscreen?

i will keep this thread updated with my progress over the next few weeks, here are some pics of the car it is going in. (A VW Lupo GTI)

Unphased A New and upcoming site for VW owners.

nice lupo gti
    I think i watched to much night rider

Comment

thanks, any help appreciated though lol

Comment

Read Here First
        For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
        Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

read here second
          Planned ... 95%
          Purchased 25%
          Installed ... 0%

WorkLog

Comment

how do i know how much power my pc draws and also, where can i buy a power supply, shutdown controller etc. all in one?

would this do the job?

Item number: 130207335981 on ebay

Comment

Originally posted by EaRNi View Post
              how do i know how much power my pc draws
              There's a section with links to power calculators in this FAQ: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/advf...iew&advfaqid=2

and also, where can i buy a power supply, shutdown controller etc. all in one?
              http://store.mp3car.com/

would this do the job?

Item number: 130207335981 on ebay
              If your PC hardware draws less than the max output of the M2ATX, yes.
              Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
              How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

this is what i end up with, is that right?

Comment

Pretty low end/low power system there. BUt just fine for in car use for gps and MP3's.
                  Just google for the power requirements of you suystem components, add them up and there you are.

It sounds as if it already has a dc-dc ps buy the sounds of this:

Now comes with the adapter to run in your home, so you can set it all up how you like it before you move it into your car.

And:

"Adapter to run from car battery completely stable"

"All you do is simply connect it to your car power and plug it in, and away you go. You can hardwire the adapter into your cars electrical system so that the PC is there ready to turn on simply at the push of its button."

Contact the seller and they can probably provide the info you need.

You did see this:

Please note, the software is for you to evaluate only.

Right?

You may be looking for a new fe soon if it's trial stuff...
                  For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
                  Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

yeah i'm looking at centrafuse at the moment. think thats the one i'm gonna go with but its pretty expensive

Comment

well, from looking at the back of the unit, I'd say you don't have:

1. AGP graphics

2. PCI sound card

3. DVD drive

Cheers
                      Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

i'm using a USB dvd drive, mounted in the dash below the monitor. so thats not a problem
                        i was just gonna run a 3.5mm headphone to phono cable straight to my amplifier. will this not work?

also, what is AGP graphics?

Comment

also, what is AGP graphics?
                          You have it checked in the calculator.......

AGP = Accelerated Graphics Port

Wiki

cheers
                          Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

ah, i thought all pc's came with a video card otherwise it wouldnt display anything?

am i just being stupid?

Comment

ah, i thought all pc's came with a video card otherwise it wouldnt display anything?

am i just being stupid?
                              1st question - Nope.

2nd question - Nope.

The MB usually has integrated video and sound.

Looks like that's what you unit is using.........

Don't worry though, that's usually perfectly fine for most car pc's. You may have trouble getting it to display 800x480 depending on the chipset.

800x480 is the native resolution of most 7" monitors by the way. If it won't display 800x480 and you don't mind a little scalling of the image, just use 800x600 and be happy.

Cheers
                              Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

Working...
                              X