Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to keep using my Pioneer deck.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • how to keep using my Pioneer deck.

    i know many of you guys have already done it. Please help!

    I just installed the car PC in my 350z this week. I have no clue on how to keep my pioneer deck. Is there a way where i can use both? I want to continue using my cd player =/

    Note:
    Right now my speakers are all hooked to my AMP.

    Can some one help me please =/

  • #2
    since you ran the computer's audio directly into the amplifier, you really have no need for the head unit anymore. if the only thing you'll be using it for is the CD player then you would be better off with a USB slot-load DVD/CD drive up front (you can mold it into your dash for a cleaner look).

    that being said; if you still insist on keeping the head unit then you have 3 options...

    1.) run the computer's audio output into the head unit's aux-in, then run the head unit's RCA output into your amp (or just power your speakers from the head unit itself). this is the best option if you want to keep a head unit.

    2.) run the head unit's line-level outputs into the computer/sound card's line-in input. I wouldn't recommend this option unless you want the ability to control your head unit volume from the computer.

    3.) use an RCA input selector to switch amplifier input sources (head unit / computer). this option might get tiring after a while
    F150 Truckputer [1.0] (coming soon!)
    Fusion Carputer [2.0]
    Fusion Carputer [1.0]

    Comment


    • #3
      thanks!!! =] luckily someone replied! lol thanks! it really helped!

      Comment


      • #4
        what you want is this: http://www.cartft.com/catalog/il/738
        Cold weather mobo list: Copy the list and add your board
        my hidden screen in action (youtube) , the worklog , RR Volvoskin

        Comment


        • #5
          the car2pc adapter will allow you to control audio tracks on the carPC through the head unit, but the audio must still be connected properly.

          if you would rather control carPC audio tracks through the PC (via touchscreen), then the car2pc module will be useless to you. the only thing it will provide in that case is an aux-input; but most Pioneer head units already have an aux input (or one can be added with a cheap IP-BUS>RCA-input adapter; under $10 on eBay).

          F150 Truckputer [1.0] (coming soon!)
          Fusion Carputer [2.0]
          Fusion Carputer [1.0]

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by FusionFanatic View Post
            the car2pc adapter will allow you to control audio tracks on the carPC through the head unit, but the audio must still be connected properly.

            if you would rather control carPC audio tracks through the PC (via touchscreen), then the car2pc module will be useless to you. the only thing it will provide in that case is an aux-input; but most Pioneer head units already have an aux input (or one can be added with a cheap IP-BUS>RCA-input adapter; under $10 on eBay).

            i have an input for my pioneer HU. so i can simply connect that to one of the channel on my sound card to control the sound level?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Zupervinn View Post
              i have an input for my pioneer HU. so i can simply connect that to one of the channel on my sound card to control the sound level?
              your HU has a stereo (2-channel) aux-input, so you can connect two of the channels on your sound card (front-left & front-right) to the aux-input.
              F150 Truckputer [1.0] (coming soon!)
              Fusion Carputer [2.0]
              Fusion Carputer [1.0]

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by FusionFanatic View Post
                your HU has a stereo (2-channel) aux-input, so you can connect two of the channels on your sound card (front-left & front-right) to the aux-input.
                but wait. should i get an Y adaptor so i can have 2 inputs for the rear speakers and 2 inputs for the front speakers? because right now my (front and rear) in put for the sound card is being used to connect to the amp.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Zupervinn View Post
                  but wait. should i get an Y adaptor so i can have 2 inputs for the rear speakers and 2 inputs for the front speakers? because right now my (front and rear) in put for the sound card is being used to connect to the amp.
                  no... you will be connecting only 2 channels to your head unit's aux-input. those 2 channels (stereo left and right) are carried on a single cable. the cable will have 3 conductors, left[+], right[+], and ground[-]) with a 1/8" plug at each end (assuming your head unit's aux-input is a female 1/8" jack). Like this:


                  your amp will be connected to your head unit's pre-amp (RCA) outputs. your head unit should have both front and rear RCA pre-amp outputs. the back of your pioneer head unit will look something like this:

                  your specific model may have some/all of the outputs in a separate dongle, but either way it should have them. connect these outputs to your amp's inputs the same way you currently have your sound card connected.

                  remember, you will only be using the front channels (FL and FR) of your sound card's output. so set your sound card settings to stereo (2 channel) output, since there will be nothing connected to the rear [surround] outputs.

                  F150 Truckputer [1.0] (coming soon!)
                  Fusion Carputer [2.0]
                  Fusion Carputer [1.0]

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X