what the heck is a fusion brain?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what the heck is a fusion brain?

I've been looking all over and i can't find out what the heck a fusion brain actually IS.

Did you look here : http://www.fusioncontrolcentre.com/F...alog/index.php
    Old Systems retired due to new car
    New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Withey View Post
      WOW that's some pretty cool stuff, thanks man!

You know of any good places to learn how to use the thing? lol.

Comment

on the top of this page, click search, enter fusion brain. Read the resulting threads (minus this one of course)
        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
          on the top of this page, click search, enter fusion brain. Read the resulting threads (minus this one of course)
          That's what i've been doing so far. It's the only thing i've seen that actually helps.

But honestly, aren't we past constantly telling people to search? Duh, of course i've searched, and even if i hadn't you don't think you telling me to would magically flip a switch in my head and i'd be like "oh ya what a great idea" do you? If you don't have something CONSTRUCTIVE to say then don't say anything at all.

Comment

Originally posted by RadicalxEdward View Post
            That's what i've been doing so far. It's the only thing i've seen that actually helps.

But honestly, aren't we past constantly telling people to search? Duh, of course i've searched, and even if i hadn't you don't think you telling me to would magically flip a switch in my head and i'd be like "oh ya what a great idea" do you? If you don't have something CONSTRUCTIVE to say then don't say anything at all.

i'm pretty sure i didnt say JUST search. I'm pretty sure i told you exactly to find the answer to your question. See the fusion brain is a product thats supported on this forum. By telling you to SEARCH for that term. I put you in the sub-forum dedicated to the fusion brain. When armed with the THAT subforum AND the link to the main site dedicted to selling and supporting the product i'd think u should have all you need to find out "what the heck a fusion brain" is. I'm pretty sure telling u its a circuit board that controls relays is far less constructive.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
              i'm pretty sure i didnt say JUST search. I'm pretty sure i told you exactly to find the answer to your question. See the fusion brain is a product thats supported on this forum. By telling you to SEARCH for that term. I put you in the sub-forum dedicated to the fusion brain. When armed with the THAT subforum AND the link to the main site dedicted to selling and supporting the product i'd think u should have all you need to find out "what the heck a fusion brain" is. I'm pretty sure telling u its a circuit board that controls relays is far less constructive.
              telling me to search for the answer and telling me to search specifically for "fusion brain" are the same thing. Anyone with even the slightest bit of intelligence would use that search term. The link from rob was helpful, so far, none of your comments have been.

Comment

the FAQ/help section of the Fusion brain website has alot of good [basic] information about using it.

for more detailed questions, there is a "fusion brain" sub-forum in the MP3car.com general hardware forum.

F150 Truckputer [1.0] (coming soon!)
                Fusion Carputer [2.0]
                Fusion Carputer [1.0]

Comment

telling me to search for the answer and telling me to search specifically for "fusion brain" are the same thing. Anyone with even the slightest bit of intelligence would use that search term. The link from rob was helpful, so far, none of your comments have been.

Well I must say your attitude so far far is really going to endear yourself to the people on this board that can help you with questions you will have on things you don't know.

The only thing wrong with sonics initial post was that he omitted to say "make sure you check search titles only", that would probably have given you better results.

Duh, of course i've searched, and even if i hadn't you don't think you telling me to would magically flip a switch in my head and i'd be like "oh ya what a great idea"
                  well if you hadn't searched and then didn't think it was a great idea to search after someone told you to, then you would have been someone who would not be able to understand any infomation that was given about the subject anyway.

If you don't have something CONSTRUCTIVE to say then don't say anything at all.
                  I just love that line.

FYI we can say what we like, to who we like, when we like, as long as it doesn't breach the rules of the forum, so if you don't like it or can't handle it, step out.

Comment

LOL, you haven't even been around long enough to know that you picked a fight with one of the most knowledgeable and helpful people on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by kbreeden View Post
                      LOL, you haven't even been around long enough to know that you picked a fight with one of the most knowledgeable and helpful people on the forum.
                      Very true.

You'll be looking for that "paddle" you forgot very soon..............
                      For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
                      Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

lol no fights.. and to be honest my memory limits my ability to keep members in my mental bad boy book lol

Comment

Funny this topic just comes up as I have been looking for info about fusionbrain the past few days.

I think know what it does and how to use the software, but what I could not found are instructions on how to connect it to the car.

I know there are relais that make the connection, but how do I connect those relais to my carwindows or something?
                          Do I need to be a car mechanic to set everything up?

I drive a Mercedes 560 sec from '86 at the moment.. Will it work for old cars as well?

I know nothing about cars....

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys!

Comment

Originally posted by peijffertje View Post
                              Funny this topic just comes up as I have been looking for info about fusionbrain the past few days.

I think know what it does and how to use the software, but what I could not found are instructions on how to connect it to the car.

I know there are relais that make the connection, but how do I connect those relais to my carwindows or something?
                              Do I need to be a car mechanic to set everything up?

I drive a Mercedes 560 sec from '86 at the moment.. Will it work for old cars as well?

I know nothing about cars....
                              You just plug in your power line (it takes unregulated voltage like direct from the car) and then a USB line to the PC.

Relays attach by a 1x2 header. All relays we sell have this header preinstalled on them.
                              Sensors attach via a 1x3 header and again all sensors we sell either have this cable soldered on, or through a female/female cable connection.

The possibilities are endless. For windows, you would ideally need a current sensor and 2 relays per window. The current sensor for the "auto" feature of most windows. Once the current sensor reports 150% of the nominal draw, then the window is either all up or all down (the motor is doing nothing but drawing more power).

For controlling up and down is what you need the relays for.

If you only want 1 auto window then you only need 1 current sensor.

If you want the back windows to go up and down always the same, then you only need 2 relays for the back. But you should do 2 relays per window for future control.
                              Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                              1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                              30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                              15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                              Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Working...
                              X