Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About to start! suggestions?

Hey everyone!

I am about to start my carpc project. I am wondering if it would be better for me to buy the unit already bundled or should I piece build it?

Things I will want from the system are.
    Music
    GPS
    Climate Control
    Video Playback
    etc.

Also where are the best prices? I have been researching for a month or 2 now. Just wanted to know if anyone knew of any great deals out there and where to get them.

Thanks!

To each his own, that phrase pretty much sums up this hobby. No one can really answer the bundled to piece by piece except you. The best way to figure that out is to list out everything you want your carpc to do. After that if you can find a pre bundled kit that does everything you need I say go for it. Chances are though you'll have to go some what piece by piece just to get everything you want w/o getting a ton of extras.

A few good sites for bundles are:
    mp3car.com
    mo-co-so.com
    EBAY!

If you choose to piece by piece I'd strongly suggest sites like NewEgg, and shop ebay for deals. If you watch ebay you will get amazing deals.
    Planned ... 95%
    Purchased 25%
    Installed ... 0%

WorkLog

Comment

do it right the first time...do your research and make sure everything will work...go with name brands...
      My 2003 Mercedes C230 Carlsson w/ carputer

Comment

If you want climate control, shop carefully to make sure it works with your car
        My car PC page, with pictures

Comment

Working...
        X