No announcement yet.

why is there no videos?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is there no videos?

i would of thought with a bunch computer geeks on here, there would be more video and less pics. don't get me wrong, a picture is worth a thousand words. so, if a video is made up of thousands of pictures, then wouldn't a video be worth just that much more? i love this site and have learned lots in just a weeks time. especially the section on fabrication. i can't wait to start my own project.

for vids there's always youtube

youtube has also been somewhat awesome and if you know the right words to search, then you can find anything. but i have tried searching many ways and haven't found to much on there. just was thinking that even with youtube, we here could use links to click to get there and have some of our own vids playing showing the how to things and even could listen to people talk it through. this is just a thought and like i have said earlier, everyone here is awesome and has written many great things on here. keep up the great work and if anyone has any vids on how to things, please let me know or add some interesting links here for me to get to.

I know myself and a lot of other fellow geeks, we arent the attention grabbing idiots that you find in youtube videos. We prefer silent recognition. Only movie I ever posted on here, no speaking audio. I dont even like the CCTV cameras at malls/stores, give me the creeps.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the Store

What would videos show that pictures won't in this kind of forum? Many times you're showing your fabrication work on a screen in your dash, or how you have something wired up. I know I don't like to have to sit and watch a video for a few minutes when I could look at pictures. not to mention, pictures are static...unchanging. If I want to look at something in more detail, i can do that with a picture, not with a video. Not to mention, video quality online v. picture quality online? No contest. WAY more detail in a photo.
          Jan Bennett
          FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

videos do have pause if you need to keep something still to really observe something in more detail. i just like vids cause you also get someone explaining how and why they are doing something the whole time the vid is moving instead of reading it and then going to a pic to see what they mean. sometimes it's hard to understand pics if your like myself and new at all this, everything just looks amazing. youtube has a very limited amount of vids showing how to fiberglass or bondo and yet when i got there, i was able to tell allot more about how those things work in a real live situation. as you can probably tell, i'm a hands on type of guy and just a little nervous to try something like these new things on my new toy. (jeep) i have seen lots of great pics on here too and refer back to those allot also. as far as better quality with a vid then a pic, maybe so, then why don't do both cause a vid would just be 1 addition to this forums and pics take up alot of course the size of pics versus vids might not be good for a vid and is why i suggested to just add a link to click and goto something like youtube.

another reason is time. It takes a bit longer to shoot and edit and post a video than it does to shoot and post a simple picture.

I can tell you right now, if we had shot video and explained everything on our build, we would still be building. Instead you just post pictures and give them a descriptive title.

No everyone has the time to shoot a video and go into great detail talking about what they've done.

Not to mention, a digital camera is about a dime a dozen these days, a digital VIDEO camera isn't.

And the 30 second clips on a camera at 320 x 280 doesn't
              Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Off-topic comment here:

I just received my VADO digital video recorder from Creative ($99). Takes 640x480. Two hours good quality, One hour best quality. When full, files are 2 gig.

Like their ad says "about the size of deck of cards", and verrry light. Easy to transfer files to PC with built-in USB...

I tried it insoors and outdoors yesterday. Surprisingly good colo, detail, and sound outdoors. Indoors all good but color a bit washed, still good low-light sensitivity.

Just thought I'd add my 2cents on cute new toy...

Blessings at all of ya.
                Happy CarPC'ing!

time is diffidently a factor in vids and your right, i would prefer spending more time on the project itself. it's just me being new at this and i do prefer watching a vid instead of just pics and am searching diligently for a place to find some besides youtube since that doesn't have many. mainly on fabricating and the proper installation of stereo equipment.

i think ill title this thread why is there no capitalization or paragraphs. its really hard to read a full post without it. makes my head spin.
                    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                    Want to:
                    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Videos in the works

We have been going back and forth here at Mp3Car about videos for some time and decided that videos are really needed if only as an educational tool - sometimes video just works better for some types of people.

In terms of video infrastructure on the forums, there are a few steps we need to take with the current version of Vbulletin before we launch the plugin, but it is in our plans to do.

In terms of the time spent to make a good video, I think that there are a lot of companies that we work with that could help provide incentives for the development of movies, movies that are a little more complicated that a quick flick about what is in your dash.

While we are talking about it here - we would love to have some suggestions on videos that should be made. We would like to help get these videos made for the forums.

Any ideas for video topics?
                      Suggestions or Comments on the forums? Post here.

mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @

Feel free to pm me if you:
                      • Have a general comment on mp3Car's products or services
                      • Have a product you would like to have tested by the mp3Car community
                      • Have a file you would like mp3Car to host
                      • Have a cool idea that would improve the forums

ive kept off from posting for so long cause i wanted to get all my video together im actually going to do a few videos soon, prob posting one of the firsts on thursday (my day off) look for it and youll see some moving pictures
                        MY build...a walk thru, finally getting to it

videos are already supported on the forums...

Jan Bennett

Originally posted by Bugbyte View Post
                            i think ill title this thread why is there no capitalization or paragraphs. its really hard to read a full post without it. makes my head spin.
                            I had to go find some e e cummings to read to make my head spin the other way for a while and unwind it.:

since feeling is first

since feeling is first
                            who pays any attention
                            to the syntax of things
                            will never wholly kiss you;

wholly to be a fool
                            while Spring is in the world

my blood approves,
                            and kisses are a far better fate
                            than wisdom
                            lady i swear by all flowers. Don't cry
                            --the best gesture of my brain is less than
                            your eyelids' flutter which says

we are for eachother: then
                            laugh, leaning back in my arms
                            for life's not a paragraph

And death i think is no parenthesis

As Jan put it, video takes longer to make, edit and upload. Its easier to just post pictures. Also pictures are 99% of the time gauanteed to load. If you happen to load a video with a certain codec, it may not play, or the person watching may not have the pluggin. Alot more factors to worry about with video. Also most of the time we are taking pictures as we go, snap, put down the camera and move on, then down the line, snap again. To sit there and hold, aim, and shot the camera would be frustrating for me.
                              Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                              4X MK808b
                              3x Perixx Touchpads
                              3x 7 inch Screens
                              1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                              1x Win 7 PC