Forum problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum problems

Does this website always make an admin approve your messages before you can post or is this crap reserved for new posters only? I want to actively be involved in the community but having to wait 48 hours for someone to allow your post to go through is actually pretty ridicules. I get that you are trying to prevent spam, but geez your alternative is to stop everyone from posting? Kind of like using a machine gun to kill a fly.

It's only for the first 5 posts IIRC.

Comment

But it's so nice not having to deal with spam.
      I use this forum a lot, and I have to say it's a very enjoyable community. I get that it's frustrating, and if you can weather it through, it'll shrink into your rearview and dissapear over the horizon. This is a good forum and there are many very helpful people here, it's a relatively small thing in the grand scheme of things. It's also a good way to help people realize the value of the search button.
      What I really hate are forums that won't even let you search until you register. What good is that? That being said, I can't remember if it's that way here, pre-registration.
      It's been a while...

Comment

Yah, I guess it isnt too bad in retrospect. I was just under the impression that it would always be that way :P

Comment

We used to get a lot of newbs posting realy dumb questions for there first post. And alot of spam. Since they made the 5 posts rule, its gotten alot better.

Check the faq section, there is a lot of great information there.
          Um, I guess this is where you put something witty.WITTY

My Web site, in the design stage. http://home.comcast.net/~cstrachn

Modified RRSkinEditor http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65723

Comment

Originally posted by LethalEncounter View Post
            Does this website always make an admin approve your messages before you can post or is this crap reserved for new posters only? I want to actively be involved in the community but having to wait 48 hours for someone to allow your post to go through is actually pretty ridicules. I get that you are trying to prevent spam, but geez your alternative is to stop everyone from posting? Kind of like using a machine gun to kill a fly.
            You don't see the amount of spam that this catches. Believe me, it is quite a lot. I understand that is is a bit annoying to have to wait for a mod or admin to approve your post, but it is much better than the alternative.
            Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

Working...
            X