Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seek advice for lv-671

Hi,
    carputer noob here so bear with me. I have a lv-671 board with a 1g PentiumM/1G ram/80 gig laptop drive. I am wondering what power supply will power it sufficiently.
    I was looking at the M2-ATX but from another thread I see that it is not correct so I am wondering if the DSX12VD is more what I need?
    Will this regulator plug directly to the board or is some other intermediary device needed?

Thanks in advance...

The DSX12VD will be perfect. I just bought one for my Commell LS-372 which has the 4-pin P4 style power connector like yours. I used to have the M2 but the DSX12VD is much better suited. If you use the M2 you will have to jury-rig a relay in somehow that triggers the M2 to simulate shutdown. The problem is that these boards don't have the 20-pin ATX connector to tell the power supply when they are done shutting down.
    2006 Lancer Evolution IX MR In-Dash PC Project - WIP

Planning:
    [----------] 100%
    Purchasing:
    [----------] 90%
    Installation/Fab/Assembly (Revised v2):
    [----------] 90%

Comment

Thanks, galvitron,
      I am just trying to not make to many investment mistakes in getting this thing going, and being new to this I am sure I would make a few without asking a few seemingly stupid questions.
      I ordered my touchscreen yesterday so I am getting anxious about getting started.

Thanks again,

Comment

No prob.
        2006 Lancer Evolution IX MR In-Dash PC Project - WIP

Planning:
        [----------] 100%
        Purchasing:
        [----------] 90%
        Installation/Fab/Assembly (Revised v2):
        [----------] 90%

Comment

How about just a good regulator on the car's powersupply itself?

You can run the LV671 on a car's 12V. Just use a good filter, 7812 regulator(s) and condensators to keep the spikes out. Of course, a 12V standard regulated vanilla car-laptop supply would do handily, then you connect the 19V output to the 4pin ATX connector of the LV-671.

Comment

Working...
          X