How to connect a cell phone without bluetooth to a pc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to connect a cell phone without bluetooth to a pc

I have a cell phone, motorola w370, that doesn't have blue tooth. I want to connect it to my laptop car pc. Not for internet access. I just want to be able to make and receive calls with my phone. I want to be able to hear the other person on the cars speakers, and use an external mic attached to my visor. I have searched for info on this and have not found anything.

Here is my idea: I have a headset for this phone that uses a wire that plugs into my phone. It has a speaker and a mic that attaches to your ear. I thought I could disassemble the headset and use the wire coming from the mic and connect that to a larger mic in my visor. Then attach the wire coming from the ear speaker to my mic port on my laptop. Then when I make or receive a call, I could pause my music and easily be able to hear who I am speaking with.

Any thoughts?
    I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet .

Hmmm you know this same question crossed my min awhile back, but I never got an answer from anyone. There has to be something you can do, and really it cant be too difficult. Anyone have some input?
    Owner of three automotive franchises, specializing in electronics.

Comment

Originally posted by rizaydog View Post
      I have a cell phone, motorola w370, that doesn't have blue tooth. I want to connect it to my laptop car pc. Not for internet access. I just want to be able to make and receive calls with my phone. I want to be able to hear the other person on the cars speakers, and use an external mic attached to my visor. I have searched for info on this and have not found anything.

Here is my idea: I have a headset for this phone that uses a wire that plugs into my phone. It has a speaker and a mic that attaches to your ear. I thought I could disassemble the headset and use the wire coming from the mic and connect that to a larger mic in my visor. Then attach the wire coming from the ear speaker to my mic port on my laptop. Then when I make or receive a call, I could pause my music and easily be able to hear who I am speaking with.

Any thoughts?
      Instead of taking things apart and creating your own (I did that about 6 years ago and it created too much noise in my system to be bearable), there is a company I worked with a long time ago that makes just what we need. I have them hooked up in my car and development system and as long as the phone is powered by the PC, I get zero noise.

[media]http://image1.cc-inc.com/prod/7167000/7167376_lg/Skullcandy_Jacked+Link+-+Black.jpg[/media]

The system is called SkullCandy Jacked Link Universal (SC-JP). It has a bud with volume control and button to activate phone functions. It has a 3.5mm input jack that I plug into the output from my PC; a 3.5mm output jack that I have running to my headunit Aux In; and a 2.5mm input jack that plugs directly into my phone. The bud also has a built in mic for the phone. With this solution I have the bud mounted near the PC screen with its mic facing the drivers seat; my button on the bud answers incoming calls, activates my voice dialer as wells as double-clicking for last number redial; and never touch its volume control. The bottom line is the PC feeds the Jacked Link as well as the phone which all gets mixed together into the Headunit.

Skulcandy Jacked Link to find them. I think Amazon has some for $29 and other online retailers are advertising $20.
      HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

That is awesome, just what I had in mind. I'll give it a try. When you say powered by the pc, do you mean like usb. Thanks.
        I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet .

Comment

Originally posted by rizaydog View Post
          That is awesome, just what I had in mind. I'll give it a try. When you say powered by the pc, do you mean like usb. Thanks.
          Yeah, I had my phone powered thru the cig lighter at first, but it was noisy. When I powered it via the USB all the noise went away.
          HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Working...
          X