Step by step instructions.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step by step instructions.

i dont know jack aboutt Carputers but i want to learn. I've been looking around here for a few days and i want to put my old getway laptop (model M305crv) into my car. does anyone have a step by step thread on this?

check the FAQ section and laptop subforum.
    If you need step by step instruction then maybe this hobby is not for you.

But if you do enough research, I am sure you can do it.
    dsatx in voompc 2 case <HERE>

Comment

Originally posted by orangeglo View Post
      i dont know jack aboutt Carputers but i want to learn. I've been looking around here for a few days and i want to put my old getway laptop (model M305crv) into my car. does anyone have a step by step thread on this?
      not too difficult...
      i'm sure you can do. good luck.
      my car pc setup: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tangkas_baru

tangkas_baru

Comment

what about mounting my Laptop in the trunk? what do you guys think about this screen
        http://www.gooddeals18.com/product/SHK1040 .cant i just run a cable to the back and to this screen in my dash? and what dock would be great for my setup?
        thanks,
        Eric

Comment

cant i just by a touch screen that hooks up Via USB cable to a laptop in the trunk to a molded touch screen in the dash? have people done this. it looks real simple

Comment

The touchscreen molded in the dash needs to go to the computer with vga and usb.

Computer is any computer. A screen does not care what form factor of a pc its vga signal came from and usb is just that, universal. (well global anyways )

So you can use a laptop, or desktop pc or anything. If you use a laptop, make sure to get one that you wont mind hacking the power button on. One that you can get a dc-dc power supply into (meaning make sure it uses a standard voltage and doesnt eat a gagillion amps). Also make sure that you can get the VGA output enabled even with the lid closed or something.
            Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
            1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
            30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
            Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Working...
            X