Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help with xbox/backup camera to my Lilliput lcd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • help with xbox/backup camera to my Lilliput lcd

    Hi all,

    Before i go on i am installing this in my buddy's dodge avenger. He bought the screen from a member on here and on 2gnt, its a nice 8" Lilliput monitor allready molded into the console(just needs some touching up).


    But here is what we are trying to do, before we install a pc in it we would like to hook up a an xbox and a backup camera.

    The xbox i have a really good idea on how to hook it up (but i am not sure on the cable). The one i got comes off of the usb port on the monitor and splits into a rca style but has an extra wire on it(not sure what it is for) but i get no pic from it if i hook it up that way, me thinks the extra wire is the key. I cause i can get a pic if i use the coaxial/tv hook up but the pic is low quality.

    Know the one i am really stumped on is the back up camera i am not sure on the brand but it has 3 wires 2 that look like video and one that looks to be a power wire(all three look like rca cables though).


    the monitor model i am not sure of and the camera model and make i have no idea. Any help though would be nice....

    o and my inputs on this monitor is a vga, usb, coaxial/antenna

    thanks,
    kevin

  • #2
    Hey Kevin, I think some pictures might be necessary to help with this. I'm having a hard time following the description here. I'm sure many here would love to help as would I.

    Grey

    Comment


    • #3
      i can do that for you, give me just a minute for some pics got to charge my camera so i can snap a couple.

      Comment


      • #4
        camera...


        ports/inputs...


        overall console(crappy pic)...

        Comment


        • #5
          just spit ballin here but....the camera looks like 1 video and L/R audio (Looks Like RCA Cables 2 me 2 :-P) so you could posib. get away w/o the audio less u must hav it. And since ur gonna have what...camera/xbox/pc (right??) if im not totally wrong i think theres only 1 component/rca jack 1 audio OUT jack and 1 VGA in. Would appear 2 me that an oldfashoned $10 switchbox from radioshak (or another video source - rearview may b) would do the trick nicely; but then u gotta find somewhere 2 hide it 2. though if u went thru w/ a switchbox then u wouldnt have 2 struggle w/ audio from xbox/pc/camera - though im SURE theres a more elegant solution
          Social Engineering will always win....there is no patch for the human ;-X
          [email protected]

          Comment


          • #6
            u could also get a vga out for the xbox and switch btwn the xbx and the pc...i was thinking of something to that nature for either my 360 or the XBMC
            Social Engineering will always win....there is no patch for the human ;-X
            [email protected]

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by susafuss View Post
              the one i am really stumped on is the back up camera i am not sure on the brand but it has 3 wires 2 that look like video and one that looks to be a power wire(all three look like rca cables though).
              most backup cams have a black barrel connector for power/ground and a yellow RCA connector for video. camera models that have a built-in microphone may have another RCA output for audio.

              your camera's outputs are probably:
              BLACK = power/ground
              YELLOW = composite video
              RED = audio (mono)

              Originally posted by susafuss View Post
              my inputs on this monitor is a vga, usb, coaxial/antenna
              no RCA/composite video input? in your first post you said: "The one i got comes off of the usb port on the monitor and splits into a rca style but has an extra wire on it(not sure what it is for) but i get no pic from it if i hook it up that way, me thinks the extra wire is the key". is the "extra wire" a single wire or is it a connector? maybe it's a reverse sensor wire to auto-switch the input?

              there is no model number written on the monitor?
              F150 Truckputer [1.0] (coming soon!)
              Fusion Carputer [2.0]
              Fusion Carputer [1.0]

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by FusionFanatic View Post
                most backup cams have a black barrel connector for power/ground and a yellow RCA connector for video. camera models that have a built-in microphone may have another RCA output for audio.

                your camera's outputs are probably:
                BLACK = power/ground
                YELLOW = composite video
                RED = audio (mono)
                cool thats what i needed to know, though as far as having it automatically switch to the camera view when in revers do i need to do anything special
                Originally posted by FusionFanatic View Post
                no RCA/composite video input? in your first post you said: "The one i got comes off of the usb port on the monitor and splits into a rca style but has an extra wire on it(not sure what it is for) but i get no pic from it if i hook it up that way, me thinks the extra wire is the key". is the "extra wire" a single wire or is it a connector? maybe it's a reverse sensor wire to auto-switch the input?
                there is no model number written on the monitor?
                Nope the back has no stickers or numbers and i have yet to hear back from the guy that i bought it from.

                Yea there is no rca inputs on the screen itself but there is that usb looking wire here is a pic of it.....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by hazyumps View Post
                  u could also get a vga out for the xbox and switch btwn the xbx and the pc...i was thinking of something to that nature for either my 360 or the XBMC
                  do you know where to fine such a cable i did not see anything like that in the car store on this site.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hi, Kevin
                    what is the model of your lilliput?
                    My 619GL-70NP/C have a similar cable and the pin colours cable are:
                    red= composite1
                    white=composite2
                    yellow= audio in.
                    the other pin as a power supply or specular image for rear camera
                    mobo asrock K7S41gx- Amd atlon 1,2Ghz -512Mb ram- hd 2,5" 160Gb- lilliput 7" 619 touch-gps Holux- bluetooth digicomm palladio-usb park assist (RRPDC) -obdII elm327-hubusb trust

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by astraologo View Post
                      Hi, Kevin
                      what is the model of your lilliput?
                      My 619GL-70NP/C have a similar cable and the pin colours cable are:
                      red= composite1
                      white=composite2
                      yellow= audio in.
                      the other pin as a power supply or specular image for rear camera
                      sorry but no idea on the model, the guy who i bought it from did not tell me and there is no stickers to tell me.

                      So how would i go about hooking up the camera, would it be something like this

                      usb--------camera
                      red--------red
                      yellow-----yellow

                      then small wire from usb goes to 12v switched (only when in reverse)

                      and black on the camera to ground

                      if that is right it is pretty simple, it was kind of what i was thinking.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X