Help With Lilliput 7" Touchscreen AC Power

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Lilliput 7" Touchscreen AC Power

I purchased a used 7" Lilliput VGA motorized-dash touchscreen. I would like to power this screen from a wall outlet. This lilliput did not come with an AC barrel-type jack in the back (which evidently is standard on most lilliputs), it only came with a 16 pin atx type power input. Is there anyway I can install an AC jack or find another way to power this screen in a standard wall outlet?
    Thanks

16-pin atx power input? I'm having a hard time imagining that... do you have a pic?

Lilliputs are usually 12v inputs so you could find an old ac-dc 12v inverter and hook it up, just make sure the amperage is right.
    Love

Comment

I guess that's not an atx input, the manual calls it the down-lead. Sorry the pics are kind of blurry. Could I just splice the wires from the cut "down-Lead" connector to the appropriate wires on my itx psu?
      Attached Files

Comment

I think the thicker yellow and orange (or red) wires in that holster are the 12v always and 12v ignition. I assume the rest of the wires are for speakers and antennas. Just all this before you do anything.

EDIT: You can use your ITX ps to operate it, do you just have a normal computer power supply?
        Love

Comment

Yeah, I have a normal power supply but I was hoping to be able to run it off the same supply as my motherboard.

Comment

oh yea that's fine. i didn't realize that's what you wanted to do. Just check to make sure you PS can supply the required amount of power and still power your mobo. My non-motorized 7" lilliput is about 8W but it really depends on the other stuff you have.
            Love

Comment

Working...
            X