No announcement yet.

RCA To Link PC To Amp

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCA To Link PC To Amp

Hello there, I'm currently working on my first carPC install and I'm at the point of working out my sound system. I have the amp, speakers, power and speaker cables and I'm just wondering if I need to use a specific type of RCA to link my PC and amp together? I have a fairly good balanced RCA cable I just found in a drawer, big fat cable, gold plated plugs etc from an old home hifi and I was wondering if this will be OK to use in the car environment or if I need to buy a special type of cable.

Sorry for such a basic question but I've not managed to find anything using the search function and I didn't want to use a car audio forum as I'm linking a PC & amp together and not a head unit & amp.

Click the FAQ link right above your post. The answer is there.
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Thats sounds like something I could get into with my car soz. But good luck

Originally posted by Bugbyte View Post
        Click the FAQ link right above your post. The answer is there.

Thanks for the reply

The cable in question cost quite a bit more than $1.00 to $1.50 a foot, so hopefully it should suffice.