No announcement yet.

RCA To Link PC To Amp

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RCA To Link PC To Amp

    Hello there, I'm currently working on my first carPC install and I'm at the point of working out my sound system. I have the amp, speakers, power and speaker cables and I'm just wondering if I need to use a specific type of RCA to link my PC and amp together? I have a fairly good balanced RCA cable I just found in a drawer, big fat cable, gold plated plugs etc from an old home hifi and I was wondering if this will be OK to use in the car environment or if I need to buy a special type of cable.

    Sorry for such a basic question but I've not managed to find anything using the search function and I didn't want to use a car audio forum as I'm linking a PC & amp together and not a head unit & amp.

  • #2
    Click the FAQ link right above your post. The answer is there.
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video


    • #3
      Thats sounds like something I could get into with my car soz. But good luck


      • #4
        Originally posted by Bugbyte View Post
        Click the FAQ link right above your post. The answer is there.

        Thanks for the reply

        The cable in question cost quite a bit more than $1.00 to $1.50 a foot, so hopefully it should suffice.