Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First post - New, but old!

Hi, folks!
    I'm completely new to the mobile PC world, somewhat conversant in PCs in general, and a 25+yr. mainframe guy...

Seeking a bit of a "leg-up" in turning my little valley board into a real, functioning PC! What OS is most popular on this platform, where to buy, stuff like that...

Thanks for your time, and have a fine Tuesday!

Joe

Originally posted by JoeParker View Post
    What OS is most popular on this platform
    for many reasons, Windows-XP is by far the most popular OS for all carPC systems/"platforms".

where to buy
    where to buy what?

stuff like that
    stuff like what?

-

we're happy to help, but you need to ask specific questions.

all your basic/beginner questions are already answered in the F.A.Q. section and wiki. good luck with your future carPC
    F150 Truckputer [1.0] (coming soon!)
    Fusion Carputer [2.0]
    Fusion Carputer [1.0]

Comment

The "where to buy" question referred to the OS.... are there places where "stripped-down" versions of XP can be had, or do I need to just walk into Office Depot, buy a copy, and do a "custom install"?

Thanks again!

Joe

Comment

The "where to buy" question referred to the OS.... are there places where "stripped-down" versions of XP can be had
        Just about any torrent site will have these stripped versions. Though I would not recommend it for a newbie. There's a lot of extra work involved with using a stripped version.

Originally posted by JoeParker
        or do I need to just walk into Office Depot, buy a copy, and do a "custom install"?
        Custom install? If you mean just installing from a retail winXP disc, yeah, that'd do the trick.
        Tidder

Try RevFE
        The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Working...
        X