Up and running. But a couple of questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up and running. But a couple of questions

Ok, I got my car pc up and running. (its the beginners plus package) but a couple of things I need to know.
    The wiring harness has 7 wires: Batt 12v, Acc, Gnd. These are all connected and the pc powers up fine but there are 4 more wires which are thinner than the others. 2 black, 1 green and 1 orange wire. Can anyone tell me what these wires are for?
    Also, I have an external slim dvd rom plugged into the usb and it works fine but I need it mounted up front at the dash where I can access it (pc's in the back) so I bought a 2m usb extension. However when plugged into this it no longer works. Can anyone help me out with this problem?
    Thanks in advance guys!

it didn't come with any instructions saying what the extra wires are for?

as for your DVD drive issue, I assume the drive is USB-powered (no separate power wires)? it sounds like it's not getting enough power with the wires extended. if this is the case then you will have to give it a separate power source.

does the drive have a power input jack? if it does then you can use a point-of-load regulator or run power wires from your PC's power supply (M1-ATX) to give it direct power. if it only has the USB input then you would have to plug it into a powered USB hub (you would have to provide power to the hub in the same way).

good luck
    F150 Truckputer [1.0] (coming soon!)
    Fusion Carputer [2.0]
    Fusion Carputer [1.0]

Comment

Working...
    X