CarpPc works slow ..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarpPc works slow ..

I have a BlaXtream TC1000 and after i'v connected a usb adaptor and a creatvie usb audigy 2 nx the pc ..slowed down...now i can;t play any videos because they all work in frames.. and the pc is working very slow help ...does anyone knows why??

i have 256 ram...1ghz cpu 40gb ..

There's not a lot you can do to fix the problem.
    Your system is the equivilant of a 1Ghz Pentium III and you only have 256MB of RAM. It's a slow system by today's standard, and adding the external sound card requires additional CPU resources to drive the sound hardware.

You can try adding more RAM, but I don't see you'll see that much of a performance increase.

Short answer: That PC is basically an old, slow piece of poo.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
      There's not a lot you can do to fix the problem.
      Your system is the equivilant of a 1Ghz Pentium III and you only have 256MB of RAM. It's a slow system by today's standard, and adding the external sound card requires additional CPU resources to drive the sound hardware.

You can try adding more RAM, but I don't see you'll see that much of a performance increase.

Short answer: That PC is basically an old, slow piece of poo.
      well if i will buy a pci sound card ? will it work better? instead of using the external sound card?

Comment

Yes taking it up to ither 512MB or 1GB of ram should help the problem if not solve also I would recommend if you haven't already nliting a copy of XP and removing what you don't need that will help quite a bit

and a 1ghz p4 isn't that bad I still have 2 systems here int he house running daily that are P2s and my system going in my truck this weekend is a p3 733

Yonu

Comment

Originally posted by yonu View Post
          Yes taking it up to ither 512MB or 1GB of ram should help the problem if not solve also I would recommend if you haven't already nliting a copy of XP and removing what you don't need that will help quite a bit

Yonu
          so if i buy 1giga of ram ? then i can use the usb sound card ??

Comment

Originally posted by NaMeLeS5 View Post
            so if i buy 1giga of ram ? then i can use the usb sound card ??
            It should be better, but it might not solve it all together.

Comment

Working...
            X