How to mount a shuttle in the boot?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to mount a shuttle in the boot?

I have a shuttle Sn45G, and im looking to mount it in the boot of my suzuki swift, but how?

I was thinking of using sticky velcro stuff to the bottom of the shuttle that will stick to the boot floor. Hopefully cushioning some of the blows and still keeping it in place. Is this insane?

Does anyone have any Tips on the best way to Power a Shuttle in the Boot..

I'm also using the same computer

Comment

I can help you on that one.

It's best to be using a DC-DC power supply because your car is running on electricity at 12 volts.

So if you use one of those inverters you can get, it would change 12v cig lighter to 240v and then your standard PSU would change it back down to 12v. Very inefficient apparently and not suitable for the job.

Im gonna be using an M2 ATX. Available on the store here i think. I sourced one in the UK for about £44 delivered. Does mean you need to wire it in directly to the car tho, so you need volt meters and crimpers etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelPlace View Post

It's best to be using a DC-DC power supply because your car is running on electricity at 12 volts.

So if you use one of those inverters you can get, it would change 12v cig lighter to 240v and then your standard PSU would change it back down to 12v. Very inefficient apparently and not suitable for the job.

Im gonna be using an M2 ATX. Available on the store here i think. I sourced one in the UK for about £44 delivered. Does mean you need to wire it in directly to the car tho, so you need volt meters and crimpers etc etc.
        I'm looking at the OPUS 120..

Do you think that will be enough to power the unit?

With a few little extras

Comment

I have a shuttle Sn45G, and im looking to mount it in the boot of my suzuki swift, but how?

I was thinking of using sticky velcro stuff to the bottom of the shuttle that will stick to the boot floor. Hopefully cushioning some of the blows and still keeping it in place. Is this insane?
          You can try something like this:

More here:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/1203703-post9.html
          Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
          Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

First of all, a US-spec inverter would convert to 120v.
            And you wouldn't want to use the cigarette lighter port for something that could draw that much current. It's a fire hazard in the making.

Originally posted by Project_330CI View Post
            I'm looking at the OPUS 120..

Do you think that will be enough to power the unit?

With a few little extras
            A FAQ just for you: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/advf...iew&advfaqid=6
            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
            How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

hmmmm, My parcel shelf is to small to do something like that I'm sure. I'd have to cutom build the shelf and mount it sideways... thanks for the idea

Comment

Working...
              X