probelms with lilliput

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• probelms with lilliput

hey well i just finished installing my lilliput screen into my dash, well the thing is, my laptop works fine on a regular lcd but not on the lilliput, i read somewhere on here it might have to do with it only putting out 3.3volts instead of 5 that the screen needs to see its there. any way i can get this to work without making a vga amp of some sorts. i suck at making boards. and also, when playing playstation on it, i have the audio hooked up to my head unit, and it makes a clicking noise over the speakers the whole time, any reasons why it would do this?

Doesnt the lilliput require 12v?

Comment

Could u explain the problem better? The Lilliput requires 12v.

Comment

no, the lilliput requires 12 volts to run, it requires a 5 volt input from vga to recognize there is a source of picture, my laptops vga port only puts out 3.3 volts, so there for yes the screen has power but does not recognize there is something plugged into it so it goes to sleep.

Comment

you will need to use a short VGA exention cable and wire in a 5VDC voltage regulator that will acept 3VDC input and output 5VDC. This can be a bit tricky if your not familiar with electronics and/or soldering.

CarPuter
          ----------------------------
          Planning....[||||||||||]60%
          Parts.......[||||||||||]20%
          Construction[||||||||||]0%
          Software....[||||||||||]0%

Comment

if you have an inverter and a place to grab some AC.. you can use a VGA DA, like you mentioned..

http://www.svideo.com/extvga145.html

Comment

Working...
            X