Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touchscreen help!

Hey ppl,

My touchscreen seems to be playing up. When i press the screen the mouse seems to fight to stay on the left hand side :S When i hold the screen the mouse trys to get to my finger but something is wrong here!

any ideas?

ian

if i tap the screen the cursor seems to go far to the left of where i tapped (although up/down is that same) and if i hold the cursor travels from the left to the right of the screen then flicks back to the left and stays there :S

Comment

no idea if this will help but, might want to try it, it seems easy enough.

Comment

This condition is usual indicative that something is touching the touch panel. Generally either the case or mount that you have it in.

Comment

sorted it! seemed to be a driver issue? thanks anyway!

Comment

it's broken again! works fine left to right in the first fifth of the screen the others i have to push really hard to get to flick the mouse over too! going to take apart and check now!

Comment

anyone help please

Comment

OK! it fixed (somehow), i rebooted (both PC and screen) and now its broken again!

Comment

Try a different version of the touchkit drivers.

Comment

seems to work again now :S lol

Comment

You may want to reboot a few times before you celebrate.

Comment

have done now, still seems ok, also now tried on my desktop pc and the in car pc

Comment

seems to have gone wrong again! in the same way. Afte many boots its just reverted!

The only thing that had changed was that i plugged in my TOMTOM to charge from the pc (via USB), then turned the pc on and the touchscreen was doing its old problems^^.
                          Don't know if this is coincidence or not but any ideas people!

thanks

Comment

anyone else had this problem? thanks!

Comment

I think the drivers are merely a coincidense. There is something on your screen pressing against the case. Could be you molded it crooked, or could just be dust. Take a credit card and slide around the edge of your screen carefully.

Other option is the controller is dying and it wont store calibration settings. Then it would work after calibration but slowly go away. Depending on how much time between it working and not working this might be it too.

Solution A is easy, B means you need a new touchscreen controller or overlay.
                              Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                              1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                              30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                              15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                              Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Working...
                              X