Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much space behind Lexus SC400 dash? Enough for mini-ITX?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much space behind Lexus SC400 dash? Enough for mini-ITX?

Anybody know exactly how much clearance there is behind the dash in my 1998 Lexus SC400? I am thinking of replacing the stock Nakamichi radio with the Bybyte mini-ITX case, but it requires 210mm (and presumably some more room for ventilation -- wonder how hot it gets back there).

I saw 0l33ls's thread where he found that a micro-ATX mobo wouldn't fit, but I think that was before mini-ITX.

There's also the Bybyte nano-ITX case, so maybe that will fit if the mini-ITX won't.

(I posted a similar question to ClubLexus; still waiting on an answer there. Not too handy with cars -- only computers -- and figured I'd see if anybody knew offhand before I risked dropping screws and who knows what else. Thanks!)

Originally posted by Hazelrah View Post
    Anybody know exactly how much clearance there is behind the dash in my 1998 Lexus SC400? I am thinking of replacing the stock Nakamichi radio with the Bybyte mini-ITX case, but it requires 210mm (and presumably some more room for ventilation -- wonder how hot it gets back there).

I saw 0l33ls's thread where he found that a micro-ATX mobo wouldn't fit, but I think that was before mini-ITX.

There's also the Bybyte nano-ITX case, so maybe that will fit if the mini-ITX won't.

(I posted a similar question to ClubLexus; still waiting on an answer there. Not too handy with cars -- only computers -- and figured I'd see if anybody knew offhand before I risked dropping screws and who knows what else. Thanks!)
    The easiest thing to do is measure it yourself. If you feel that air cooling will be an issue, design the case to maximize and work with the space you have. Nano ITX will most def fit, but it can also become obsolete easily. My Mini-ITX is so upgradable, I just maxed out the RAM to 4 Gigs and upgraded the processor. Also I would think Nano is limited on what you can add onto it. You have to remember your PC doesnt have to go in the headunit space. You could alsways get a screen installed, and use the back space for components then use the glove box for the PC itself.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
    X