Cases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cases

Cases for the computer do most of you guys just fab them, or do you guys buy yours? Which would be easier for someone starting off? If I build one what do I have to plan for besides mounting holes for the motherboard and hard drives and the other parts. I do have access to a metal bender, welder and some other metal fab equipment.

You could easily build one with an angle grinder (to cut the material), drill and a rivet gun. You will need to be sure that it is ventilated to keep the cpu cool and like you said have mounts and access holes for the plugs on the board. You will also want to be able to open it up for maintenance and upgrading, obviously.

I will be making mine soon but I think most people on here buy there's though.

Comment

If you will build case yourself, you can make it any dimension and shape you want. It offers unlimited chances. It will serve you in the best possible way.
      Slovenia, Europe
      best on-line radio

Comment

yea with a custom case you and put it in to different places under a seat in the center console in the glovebox or multiple places in the trunk (spare tire well, between your 6x9's off to the side behind either tire or on the back seat) depending on if it is a car that you have

Comment

and consider appropriate coating due to conditions in car
          Slovenia, Europe
          best on-line radio

Comment

Does anyone have like a program they use to make a layout?

Comment

a lot of us go with the simple pencil and paper route, together with the aid of a straight edge or a ruler.

there is no right/proper way of doing this, except for what brings you the utmost satisfaction. Programs that do come to mind however, are CAD, microsoft paint, paint shop pro, photoshop..etc

I'm old fashioned, and prefer the best method of convenience, to sketch using a pencil and paper.
              Check out my CARPC: Project Diamond Plate

Quick Reference:
              CPU Electrical Specs
              Power Supply Calculator

Video Connections for newbies
              Temperature Converter
              Voltage Calculator

Comment

try google sketchup.. its free
                mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

For start something like this, but you should design something for your needs.

Autocad 2006, 3D layout
                  Slovenia, Europe
                  best on-line radio

Comment

Originally posted by dMand View Post
                    a lot of us go with the simple pencil and paper route, together with the aid of a straight edge or a ruler.

there is no right/proper way of doing this, except for what brings you the utmost satisfaction. Programs that do come to mind however, are CAD, microsoft paint, paint shop pro, photoshop..etc

I'm old fashioned, and prefer the best method of convenience, to sketch using a pencil and paper.
                    LOL, I used the "its all stuck in my head" route. dMand is right, your better off making the case. I originally bought mine built, but it limited me alot. Eventually I built the PC into the car and cut the case I bought to pieces to use in the new case.

The Case I bought, had a mission fitting everything... The PSU is way to big!

Here is when I ripped it apart I only kept the bottom and I/O panel.

Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                    4X MK808b
                    3x Perixx Touchpads
                    3x 7 inch Screens
                    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                    1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Buy DC-DC PS. It take less space. If you will do it your self consider what you will put in. Measure eveerything twice.

Little trick to reduce shock.
                      Slovenia, Europe
                      best on-line radio

Comment

Working...
                      X