Help ... Want to add a carputer to an 03 infiniti Q45

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ... Want to add a carputer to an 03 infiniti Q45

Hey hows it going on this forum. I am brand new on this forum and have a little knowledge of carputers but thats it very little. One of my buddys just finished installing one in his 3 series bmw and I think it is absolutely amazing and he said he'd help me install one on mine, as long as I get most of the research done. Now this brings me to my point I am a member on a few other forums and have not been able to get an answer on this yet the most help I've gotten was to come here and see what all of you could come up with.

Ok, my idea is to run a carputer to a touchscreen where my oem factory screen is currently located. I would love to replace this but still be able to use the screen for my heat, fan speed, dual climate, maintenance warnings, tire pressure, and all of its other functions. I then plan on mounting the carputer in my glove box instead of the tape player infiniti thought necessary to put there. If it wont fit there I can deal with running wires to the trunk or under the seat but ideally I want it in the glove.

I dont have pics right now but if anyone can find some and post them it would be appreciated along with any info, suggestions or ideas.

On a side note one person told me that "the stock infiniti screen runs off of rgb+sync and runs a proprietary frequency that most screens wont will not support. There is currently no way to change the frequency to match an aftermarket screen such as lilliput or xenarc." This was a response in a thread on 6-18-08. I dont know if this is true or what most of this means. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all and I hope to figgure this out with your help and pass the knowledge on to others if possible. Also I'll post pics when I can, I'm about to go on a trip to vegas so I won't be around a comp for about 5 days but i'll try to check in via mobile internet. Thanks once again and I hope you can help me out.

"Ok, my idea is to run a carputer to a touchscreen where my oem factory screen is currently located. I would love to replace this but still be able to use the screen for my heat, fan speed, dual climate, maintenance warnings, tire pressure, and all of its other functions."

Doing so would require communication from the carPC to the automotive CAN Bus. There are many PC interconnect devices that can comuncate via USB port, PCI card, or the pcmcia slot used in older laptops, however the software used between the two is proprietary.
    Check out my CARPC: Project Diamond Plate

Quick Reference:
    CPU Electrical Specs
    Power Supply Calculator

Video Connections for newbies
    Temperature Converter
    Voltage Calculator

Comment

will this work with my climate control because my screen displays all of my fan options for speed defrost floor and vents i dont think I could work them with out seeing what I was doing

Comment

and dmand your car looks great I dont know if I'll ever get to that level with mine but we'll see just starting to look into this heavily now. Ive been researching and reading up for a couple of months since my buddy did his.

Comment

does any one have any more ideas for me im doing pretty good in vegas so i got a comp room and decided to stay an extra 2 days I'll try to post pics of my stock set up when i get home.

Comment

I'd imagine it is possible, it's just if the software is available...

Comment

where would I go and what software should I look for my buddy drives a bmw 3 series and all of his stuff was really easy to find so far we havent found much for my car its not nearly as common a car as the bmw 3 series any ideas on where to look or what to look for I am a complete noob to this and really havent found many answers on the internet or other forums most paople are telling me I cant do it and I refuse to beleive that is true. Ive been reading and researching on here and hope to get some help so i can pull this off. any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

My advice would be to search for a forum for your car. Many of my vehicle specific questions have been answered this way. Try these and see if they can help.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zeroforum?id=177
                http://www.nissan-infiniti-forum.com...ultimatebb.cgi
                http://www.infinitiforum.net/infinit...isplay.php?f=4

Comment

I have been checking other forums i posteed threads on two of them and still havent heard anything useful

Comment

Working...
                  X