Complete noob with 67 camaro trying to figure this all out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete noob with 67 camaro trying to figure this all out

I have a 67 camaro that I am building. I have decided that I want to install a carputer into it with a Lilliput 889 screen that I have picked out. I`ll give a run down of the audio system going into the car. I have a 5 channel Memphis Belle amp, it`s the big one. I have CDT HD62`s for the front. CDT upstage 219`s as well for the front. I have CDT M6+`s for the rear channel and 1 FI Q12 sub. It`s all highend speakers. I also have a Pioneer 980BT deck. I am wanting to forgo using the deck in the system and have my entire audio system run from the carpc, but how will the audio side be handled without the deck? I have been reading through threads, but haven`t seen a program that will allow the system to be tuned through crossovers and eq`s. Would that have to be done seperately? I was originally looking into the Audio Control DQXS to handle the tunability of my system when I stumbled upon carpc`s. Help a noob out!
    Thanks

Well I guess this isn`t a site you goto for getting help.

Comment

It is, it's just that most of your questions have been answered in FAQs.
      03 Accord Sedan CarPC

Comment

Most of the time it takes a day or two to get a response.

Comment

Originally posted by jebcamaro View Post
          I have a 67 camaro that I am building. I have decided that I want to install a carputer into it with a Lilliput 889 screen that I have picked out. I`ll give a run down of the audio system going into the car. I have a 5 channel Memphis Belle amp, it`s the big one. I have CDT HD62`s for the front. CDT upstage 219`s as well for the front. I have CDT M6+`s for the rear channel and 1 FI Q12 sub. It`s all highend speakers. I also have a Pioneer 980BT deck. I am wanting to forgo using the deck in the system and have my entire audio system run from the carpc, but how will the audio side be handled without the deck? I have been reading through threads, but haven`t seen a program that will allow the system to be tuned through crossovers and eq`s. Would that have to be done seperately? I was originally looking into the Audio Control DQXS to handle the tunability of my system when I stumbled upon carpc`s. Help a noob out!
          Thanks
          checkout some of the installs like Jan's (Red gti r 6) and turbocad, and durwood I believe. Jan has won competitions with audio using the CarPC
          Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
          1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
          30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
          Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Thanks, help point me in the right direction. However, those builds are at least a couple years old and so the technology is outdated there. I have dug and dug through thread after thread on here. I have gained a better understanding of this whole concept, but still am a bit confused. I`m not an idiot when building computers. I have built my last 3 desktops and they have worked flawlessly, but a carpc is a whole new ballgame.

Comment

Thanks, help point me in the right direction. However, those builds are at least a couple years old and so the technology is outdated there. I have dug and dug through thread after thread on here. I have gained a better understanding of this whole concept, but still am a bit confused. I`m not an idiot when building computers. I have built my last 3 desktops and they have worked flawlessly, but a carpc is a whole new ballgame.
              They are still competing today. If you dig into the thread, I am sure they havent let the quality slip. What they use works well and has won awards for #1 in the US I believe (or so Jan had as a sig at one point I believe).

As to the CarPC, most of us started with desktops and the FAQs as pointed to earlier discuss the main goal differences between a desktop and a CarPC. Also discusses the car specific tech like dc-dc power supplies.
              15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

Yeah, I`m sure their systems still work great. That`s one good thing about computers, you build them to exceed your current needs so you can further upgrade them in the future. I am reading through threads now trying to decide what mobo and psu you to get. My car is going to be power hungry, so my electrical system is definately gonna have to be upto par. I also would like the pc to perform a lot of functions, maybe control as much of the car as technology allows.

Comment

How does what I have picked out so far sound?

Motherboard- Intel LGA 775 G45
                  CPU- Intel Pentium E5200 Wolfdale 2.5ghz
                  Western Digital 500gig laptop drive, Scorpio Blue
                  Auzen X-Fi Prelude 7.1

Still trying to figure out how to pick the right psu and am still looking for a slim slot drive dvd combo in black. Any suggestions?

Comment

Ease of use, while remaining affordable, go with an M2-ATX power supply, if you want all the bells and whistles go with an M4. I don't have any experience with the Pico line, so I can't really say whether or not to use one.

And the mp3car store has a slot load DVD drive and an external enclosure that looks great, I've got one and love it.

Comment

The installs are old, but I doubt the equipment is outdated. The problem is you are trying to constantly compare desktop to carpc, although they are the same technology, they are still different in a way. If you'd like you can compare and look through my work log, but I guarantee you will really be confused because my install is all over the place. I am also designing my car for shows, but mainly to show off the theater capabilities of a CarPC. Jan was actually kind of a hero for me. It was her that gave me the idea of creating a central point for all the wires and fuses. If you think the tech is outdated then look past that and use their installs to make your own blueprint on what you want to do.
                      Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                      4X MK808b
                      3x Perixx Touchpads
                      3x 7 inch Screens
                      1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by skusa93 View Post
                        Ease of use, while remaining affordable, go with an M2-ATX power supply, if you want all the bells and whistles go with an M4. I don't have any experience with the Pico line, so I can't really say whether or not to use one.

And the mp3car store has a slot load DVD drive and an external enclosure that looks great, I've got one and love it.
                        M2 isnt powerful enough for this. When you overload the M2, it takes things down with it too.

Comment

Here's a slot loading DVD in black:
                          SonyNEC Optiarc AD-7630A-01

http://memoryexpousa.com/pidv8xdvdula.html

I got mine from Memoryexpousa.com for $88.80.

Comment

Working...
                          X