Mini amp question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini amp question

Okay so I have been searching for mini amp and have only found 1 thing on it all the other search results are for mac mini's. Maybe there is another term for it. I am looking for the type of amp thats built into headunits so I don't have to rewire everything. All I can find is this http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/revi...0watt-amp.html . I really hope there is more mini amp selection.

Check this site out.

http://www.davidnavone.com/cart.asp?24&cat=5

Scroll down to the product called:

20 X 20 STEREO AMPLIFIERS
    AMP-100 $39.99

I put one of these on a friend's motorcycle and he loves it.
    ~Jimmy

Comment

OHHH, I use 4 motorcycle amps in my setup.... here is a link on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/2-CH-300W-MOTORC...3A1%7C294%3A50. They are called motorcycle amps, thats why you cant find them. The 4 I have are only 150 watts each, but only because I didnt need all that power. Either way, you will have to rewire stuff.
      Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
      4X MK808b
      3x Perixx Touchpads
      3x 7 inch Screens
      1X 7 inch motorized Screen
      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Now I could put them in the place where the stock head unit was and put the touch screen infront, or do you think it would get to hot? Its a 2x dimm

P.S.
        Found this guy looks pretty good.
        http://cgi.ebay.com/4CH-300-WATT-CAR...ayphotohosting

Comment

If you do decide to put them in the HU compartment, you have to come up with a really good cooling solution. These amps are small and dont have the large surface area of bigger amps so they can heat up alot when being used. I was going to suggest the 4 channel version, but they are really hard to find. When you get them, I would cut a hole in the top and mount fans. Only thing I am not sure of is to have the fans blow air away or towards the amps.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
          4X MK808b
          3x Perixx Touchpads
          3x 7 inch Screens
          1x Win 7 PC

Comment

search for arc mini 125.2 very mini amp without sacrificing things like audio quality.

Comment

My idea was I would just wire it up near the stock wiring harness so they way when I sell the car I can just pull the mini amp out and wire the stock headunit back up.

Comment

Originally posted by BensalemGTO View Post
                My idea was I would just wire it up near the stock wiring harness so they way when I sell the car I can just pull the mini amp out and wire the stock headunit back up.
                You can do that, thats actually how I have mine. I bought a plug and play kit. Basically I wired the PC to the new wiring kit and it has a adapter that plugs into the cars current kit. That way I don't have to cut into the cars original wiring. All I do is press a small button and the adapter pops off, plug in the Head unit and I'm done. Although now this is pointless since I have heavily modified the car, I can never revert back to stock, unless I replace the whole dash from top to bottom.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                4X MK808b
                3x Perixx Touchpads
                3x 7 inch Screens
                1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Do you have a link to this kit HiJack. Damn I gave up on the CarPC. Looks like i'm going to start buying parts again heh.

Comment

Working...
                  X