quick power question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick power question

I decided to go the power inverter route with my carputer, which will be hooked into my ignition system. my question is that how do i get my computer to switch on when my car turns on and the inverter gets power? ive seen it done i just dont know how to do it. thanks again in advance.

In the bios there's usually a setting that says something like Power state after power failure, or something similar. Set it to Always On or something similar to that.

If that's not available to you, you may have to use a timed delay relay, or build a delay relay.
    Tidder

Try RevFE
    The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Originally posted by tbruce07 View Post
      I decided to go the power inverter route with my carputer, which will be hooked into my ignition system. my question is that how do i get my computer to switch on when my car turns on and the inverter gets power? ive seen it done i just dont know how to do it. thanks again in advance.
      i wouldn't go inverter at all, i just fried a 7 port hub because the inverter fluctuates to much when it comes to the power spectrum. A dc-dc PSU would eliminate the chances of damage and activate with your car and turn off with your car.

PS: If you want your carpc to run sh!+ty and love to replace things more often, then I guess its ok!
      Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
      4X MK808b
      3x Perixx Touchpads
      3x 7 inch Screens
      1X 7 inch motorized Screen
      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

haha, that's not entirely true. I ran my first and second CarPCs off an inverter. A 140watt Radioshack $50 inverter even. My second carPC lasted over 3 years with no parts replacement. My first was replaced by the second, mainly because I wanted something better than DOS for an OS.
        Tidder

Try RevFE
        The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Working...
        X