car stereo to pc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car stereo to pc

i am working on a project which is connecting a car radio to a computer and designing a graphic user interface to control the radio from the pc.please advise me on how and if its possible to connect the radio to the computer and control it.my main prob right now is finding a way to interface the radio to the pc please help !!!!!

You're going to do some reverse-engineering of the headunit to pull this off. It would be a lot of work, and I couldn't even begin to speculate what all would be involved.

Frankly, I don't see this as very productive or worthwhile, since you can get all the functions of a headunit on a PC. So why retain the headunit at all?
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by keegun View Post
      i am working on a project which is connecting a car radio to a computer and designing a graphic user interface to control the radio from the pc.please advise me on how and if its possible to connect the radio to the computer and control it.my main prob right now is finding a way to interface the radio to the pc please help !!!!!
      You could try using IR, if the head unit uses an IR remote, as far as
      setting up something like that I have no idea sorry,

Might want to look up "Girder" and "IR Blaster" in google

also Computer as the remote?? here at mp3car.com

Comment

Working...
      X