Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

noob question is 800MHZ c3 processor enough?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noob question is 800MHZ c3 processor enough?

to run road runner? a 800MHz and 1GB of memory. all i need the pc is for nav and bod2 guages. is it enought to run it smoothly, also what will the booting time will be for that setup?

I run a laptop with an 800 processor and it has no difficulty with rr and nav software. My boot time is about 20 seconds from ignition.
    I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet .

Comment

Hi

i too have the c3 processor with 800MHZ and 1GB ram. I found it is bit slow.

so i am running XPe now. While i put XP i felt very slow.
      Pon Saravanan
      My Car PC Setup

Comment

It should be more than enough for XP, but my old 1ghz C3 was sluggish at running Centrafuse 2.0.

Comment

I used a via EPIA 800 for the longest time. It'll run RoadRunner fairly well. Just make sure to turn off the extras like screen transitions.

I was running RoadRunner, iGuidance, and cruising the interwebs decently with it.

Booting time will vary depending on OS customization.
          Tidder

Try RevFE
          The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

I ran XP and Garmin Mobile PC. It was bit slow on rendering and loading maps.

Now working on XPe 120 days trial. SO far so good. I will update if it is completely succcessful
            Pon Saravanan
            My Car PC Setup

Comment

it's good enough for a starter project. but I feel you will want to upgrade the processor in the very near future.

A simple solution is to read the software manufacturers system requirements, as there is no one right answer when asking about nav programs in general.
              Check out my CARPC: Project Diamond Plate

Quick Reference:
              CPU Electrical Specs
              Power Supply Calculator

Video Connections for newbies
              Temperature Converter
              Voltage Calculator

Comment

Working...
              X