Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

noob question is 800MHZ c3 processor enough?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noob question is 800MHZ c3 processor enough?

to run road runner? a 800MHz and 1GB of memory. all i need the pc is for nav and bod2 guages. is it enought to run it smoothly, also what will the booting time will be for that setup?

I run a laptop with an 800 processor and it has no difficulty with rr and nav software. My boot time is about 20 seconds from ignition.
    I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet .

Comment

Hi

i too have the c3 processor with 800MHZ and 1GB ram. I found it is bit slow.

so i am running XPe now. While i put XP i felt very slow.
      Pon Saravanan
      My Car PC Setup

Comment

It should be more than enough for XP, but my old 1ghz C3 was sluggish at running Centrafuse 2.0.

Comment

I used a via EPIA 800 for the longest time. It'll run RoadRunner fairly well. Just make sure to turn off the extras like screen transitions.

I was running RoadRunner, iGuidance, and cruising the interwebs decently with it.

Booting time will vary depending on OS customization.
          Tidder

Try RevFE
          The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

Comment

I ran XP and Garmin Mobile PC. It was bit slow on rendering and loading maps.

Now working on XPe 120 days trial. SO far so good. I will update if it is completely succcessful
            Pon Saravanan
            My Car PC Setup

Comment

it's good enough for a starter project. but I feel you will want to upgrade the processor in the very near future.

A simple solution is to read the software manufacturers system requirements, as there is no one right answer when asking about nav programs in general.
              Check out my CARPC: Project Diamond Plate

Quick Reference:
              CPU Electrical Specs
              Power Supply Calculator

Video Connections for newbies
              Temperature Converter
              Voltage Calculator

Comment

Working...
              X