Hi from Florida.. Heavlly Moded Supra MKIII here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Florida.. Heavlly Moded Supra MKIII here

Well i have been looking at your site for awhile now... finaly joined and figured i would say hi... Car is a 90 supra MKIII

At moment dash is completely out of car and custom new dash just about ready to install this weekend i hope.. Need some advice and help on a few things.. Like phigets ....and A/C controls .. At moment im working on making a cd rom drive rise and lowere 1 of 3 lcds... then some staining and then hopefully get dash in and wired this weekend... then i start installing rest... like mobo and stuf..

Pics can be seen here
    http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/f.../Dashfinished/

its acually brazillian cherry... after all the switches knobs and gizmos installed... there wont be as much wood

Comment

lol, wow, that is a custom dash

I don't use phigets, so I probably can't help you much

Comment

Now if this was like a rolls Royce or some big luxury car, then I'd say this is awesome, but its a supra!!!!!!!!!! The wood stands out alot and doesn't look like it should be there. Are you going to redo any of the rest of the interior to match the dash? Other then the miss matchiness (is this a real word?) the dash is very well crafted and has really good workmanship.
        Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
        4X MK808b
        3x Perixx Touchpads
        3x 7 inch Screens
        1X 7 inch motorized Screen
        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
          Now if this was like a rolls Royce or some big luxury car, then I'd say this is awesome, but its a supra!!!!!!!!!! The wood stands out alot and doesn't look like it should be there. Are you going to redo any of the rest of the interior to match the dash? Other then the miss matchiness (is this a real word?) the dash is very well crafted and has really good workmanship.
          Don't worry, once the dash is done, he's moving onto the bodywork.

Then he'll stick park benches in for seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
            Don't worry, once the dash is done, he's moving onto the bodywork.

Then he'll stick park benches in for seats.
            OMFG Enforcer, I was having such a bad day and you just made it all go away. I'm literally crying now, and the only reason is because I can actually picture it. Oh GOD, I think I'm choking on a pretzel.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
            4X MK808b
            3x Perixx Touchpads
            3x 7 inch Screens
            1x Win 7 PC

Comment

I think it is unique. Not something you see everyday. And quality wise it looks well executed.
              Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
              1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
              30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
              15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
              Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                I think it is unique. Not something you see everyday. And quality wise it looks well executed.
                I agree, its unique, but it wasnt meant for that car. Especially the Supra being almost like a collector car, he's killed the value of the car. I also agree on the quality and execution.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                4X MK808b
                3x Perixx Touchpads
                3x 7 inch Screens
                1x Win 7 PC

Comment

The MKIII Supra isn't a collectors car, the MKIV maybe (thanks to the Fast and Furious crowd) but the MKIII was more of a grand tourer than a hardcore sports car.

Comment

Acually killing value of car is hard to do.. Supra MKIII's are not worth but a few k to start with.. got a 88 near mint with 100k miles on it and cant even get 3k for it..

As far as the wood goes.. Supras were Luxury sports car..but yes to much wood as of now.. but have more things to install...so some of what you see will be coverd up... and yes rest of the interior will be redone to match... with " some " wood acents like the center parts of door panals...

As far as park bench LOL funny...

the seats will be recoverd and I got some of that foam they advertise on tv .. conforms to your body.. Used for mattresses... so seats should be real cumfy when done...

New pic

Comment

Originally posted by hommersimpson View Post
                      Acually killing value of car is hard to do.. Supra MKIII's are not worth but a few k to start with.. got a 88 near mint with 100k miles on it and cant even get 3k for it..

As far as the wood goes.. Supras were Luxury sports car..but yes to much wood as of now.. but have more things to install...so some of what you see will be coverd up... and yes rest of the interior will be redone to match... with " some " wood acents like the center parts of door panals...

As far as park bench LOL funny...

the seats will be recoverd and I got some of that foam they advertise on tv .. conforms to your body.. Used for mattresses... so seats should be real cumfy when done...

New pic

What made you feel like doing it in wood though? I mean fiberglass would have got you closer to to matching the interior. Also with your dash being wood, I cant see even if you add dash trim it matching at all. You going to have to change out everything almost. Blue and wood do not go together. What is the 10.2 screen going to be used for?

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                      4X MK808b
                      3x Perixx Touchpads
                      3x 7 inch Screens
                      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

I think it's pretty well crafted and fairly novel idea. I do see a problem, though. With the top of the dash so hi-gloss you might be getting a lot off glare of the windshield. This is why tops of dashes are almost always some dark matte finish, even if the rest of the dash is full wood trim.

Comment

why why lol

Ok reason i did in wood and not fiberglass is... Finish wise.. ofcourse wood looks better .. fake wood grain on fiberglass is well.. fake.... Wood is easy to work with.. can do more with it.. its GREEN lol ... Also im getting wood from a exotic wood supply place.. not scraps but so far real cheap... I might have 20 dollars in wood if that..... the entire car inside will be redone over time.. it wil be all in brown and black leather.. and brazillion wood..

As far as glare... yes i thought about that.. and have back up plan.. like a leather cover that just covers top of dd and guages that has Turbocharged Supra Embrodered in it. ?

Now im not anywere done.. so just wait till i get the center consol done and door panals atleast and some seat covers that match.. and it will look alot better and look like it belongs there...

Now why do all this ? Hell why not.. man gota have a hobby.. When car is on road.. its my Daily Driver... I drive chit out of her to.. I want to take to local shows... and GF and i plan on traveling.. so all the extra goodies will make for a nice ride...and.... simple fact the factory dash had no were the room i need for all the gadgets....

Comment

I can't wait to see the finished result in the car, but I have to ask how would the wood react in an accident compared to the original plastic stuff they had in the first place? I only ask because you said it would be your daily driver. Touch your dash nothing happens though!

Comment

Working...
                            X