Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backlight power - how do I use something at home ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backlight power - how do I use something at home ?

Just hada baby and thought I will use my Safety view reverse monitor camera for car as baby room monitor. I know the inverter that is used for the the lcd (it's cigarette lighter adapter powered).

But I want to know what do I need to buy which will give me same power as the backlight light ? My wireless camera has two wires that I attached to the backlight in the car. But now I want to use it inside the home in baby's room... what should I use ? Thanks in advance

if you meen back light for camera itself.. i would say just use regular room lights, if you use IR illuminators it can damage health of your baby since human eyes are sensitive to direct IR radiation.

You can get LED lights

from power perspective u need 12V
    Acura / Honda A/V CarPC Adapter GA-NET+
    Centrafuse Garmin Mobile PC Skin - GMPC Rebellium Skin
    3D Tuning and Car Visualizer - Preview your car in 3D, change paint job and rims

Comment

Well, I'm not quite sure how this even remotely relates to putting a computer in your car, which is what these forums are for.

You may want to include a picture of what you have and what you're trying to do. It sounds like it's something that plugs into the cigarette lighter of the car and you want to know how to get to plug in in the house. If that's the case you can just use a AC-DC power supply like this one. I've never used one of these since I have this, but it should work.

Comment

Originally posted by tempgp View Post
        if you meen back light for camera itself.. i would say just use regular room lights, if you use IR illuminators it can damage health of your baby since human eyes are sensitive to direct IR radiation.

You can get LED lights

from power perspective u need 12V

Thanks - that helped a lot. I used an old power adapter which has vaiable voltage and I used teh 12v setting

Comment

Originally posted by black_mamba View Post
          Well, I'm not quite sure how this even remotely relates to putting a computer in your car, which is what these forums are for.

You may want to include a picture of what you have and what you're trying to do. It sounds like it's something that plugs into the cigarette lighter of the car and you want to know how to get to plug in in the house. If that's the case you can just use a AC-DC power supply like this one. I've never used one of these since I have this, but it should work.
          You are right. Iw as trying to reverse engineer a wireless backup camera that is intended for the car to be used in the house instead as a baby room monitor. The camera is supposed to be atatched to the reverse (backup) light and I didn't know how to hook it up at home. With the 12v adapater it's worked like a charm. The monitor does work on the cigarette lighter, and I have an adapter to take care of that.

Thanks

Comment

ok
            Acura / Honda A/V CarPC Adapter GA-NET+
            Centrafuse Garmin Mobile PC Skin - GMPC Rebellium Skin
            3D Tuning and Car Visualizer - Preview your car in 3D, change paint job and rims

Comment

Working...
            X