Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• qustion after market cd player in grand cherokee 98

hi everyone im new here and new to cars as a whole
    i got my license a few months ago saved some money and bought a 1998 jeep grand cherokee
    since buying it i had the front left wheel fall off while driving inside my front yard lol so i learned how to replace hub bearings
    and now the speakers are getting static noise and anoying...
    my jeep has the infiniti gold system in it
    anyhow i bought new sony xplod 4 way speakers and installed them and still static noise
    then i realized the amplifier is messed up
    i decided to just redo evrything so i took out the center console and im building a new one from fiberglass now with a speaker in it
    mean while im saving money for some subs, better speakers, amplifier and cd player
    so i wanted to ask all of you who knows more then me about this subject
    what kind of headunit should i buy? what amplifier?
    im thinking of buying rockford p2 subwoofers eather 10 inch or 12
    what do you think i should put in this jeep to get a real loud system but im not trying to put too much money into the sound system cause im also trynig to do some body work on it...

Go to a car stereo shop and ask questions and try out doifferent units to see what you prefer.
    Tell a salesperson what speakers you have and ask for recommendations as to what would work well with them.

If you want to install a PC in your ride, then stick around, by all means.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

actually i was thinking about that along long time
      and after looking around this forum on a bunch of installs i think i just might do that
      the center console in currently building could easily house a computer right now i have about a 11 inch by 7 inch empty space in it atleast
      and i have some computer background i have a few p4 mechins thats been laying around for a long time but the only thing is i doubt that i could get the car to supllay enough watts for them without an extra battery
      what do u recomend?
      if i do build a carpc instead of a new headunit i might just take that money out on a better pc but i read here in some other post that if i will put somthing too heavy in there for gaming lets say like a quad core cpu i wont have enough watts
      any ideas to what should i go at first?

Comment

Originally posted by yamovadia View Post
        what do u recomend?
        I recommend reading and learning. Start here: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/advfaq.php

As far as "enough watts", I don't think you understand what you're saying.
        Read & learn...
        Then plan.
        Then read, learn & plan some more.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

ok i have a qustion
          i see here after reading that i must check the voltage the amps the watts and wattage drawn on EACH RAIL im a little confused as to how is the watts of the rail any different then the total watts the system would need?
          also lets say my pc has an ac 400w power supply
          so if i was to connect this same pc to a car wouldn't it need a dc-dc that supply the same 400w? (i didnt find anything that was over 320w as far as dc-dc)

Comment

Working...
          X