No announcement yet.

newbie needs help with m2 atx

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie needs help with m2 atx

hi i have a few stupid questions. wondering if any one can help me out.

1 how do i use a m2 atx 20 pin atx with a 24 pin atx motherboard?.

second im looking at the m2 and i see where the amp turn on wire goes but i see 2 pins in the spot. do i connect the wire to both of these pins?. and whats the best way to connect it?.

thanks for all your help.
    i dont just suck at spelling i also suck at typing.

some motherboards are fine with only using the 20 pins, others don't like it so much, i would say to try it with a standard ac computer power supply if available(only becasue you could be unfortuante enough to get a bad m2, and using a known good ps will help solve part of the problem) and see what happens. if it doesn't work, than you will need a 20-24pin adapter cable to power up those last 4 pins.

also, if you are using a board with a intel processor, make sure you are connecting the 4 pin processor power connector(if you need that cable, mp3car sells a adapater).
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

In regards to the amp turn on, one pin is positive, the other is negative. The best thing to do is to use those to trigger a relay to turn on your amp(s). I tried running both my amps straigt from the positive lead, and it wasn't reliable.