Linear Potentiometer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linear Potentiometer

I was wondering If someone could explain to me how I would install this device to control the volumn? My set up is a mac mini and Carnetix P1900. Is this a USB device or something I could plug into my head unit? I couldn't really find any information on this device. I wanna mount it flush under my touchscreen into the dash so I can just slide it up and slide it down to control the volumn. If you do not know the device im referring to here it is http://store.mp3car.com/category_s/155.htm

Thanks.

Originally posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    I was wondering If someone could explain to me how I would install this device to control the volumn? My set up is a mac mini and Carnetix P1900. Is this a USB device or something I could plug into my head unit? I couldn't really find any information on this device. I wanna mount it flush under my touchscreen into the dash so I can just slide it up and slide it down to control the volumn. If you do not know the device im referring to here it is http://store.mp3car.com/category_s/155.htm

Thanks.
    That requires a Fusion Brain to work, which in turn requires a Windows or Linux based computer.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Blahhh, thought i was too good to be true, anybody know a similiar device like this that is compatible with the mac mini. I really like the slider idea and I dont really want to get a Powermate.

Comment

It's not too good to be true, most people use windows or linux, and as such that is what it is made for. If you want the best hardware and software available, you need to switch your OS. This is true for GPS, Frontends, everything.
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

since its not posted under fusion brain section (as as i dont know anything about fusion btain) but what i can recommend is that Phidgets have their 8/8/8 controllet thtat can work w/ mac/ linux and just about anything, and they have linear volume control sensor too, but you will need to do orograming for it

i have program for win and winamp but not for mac
          Acura / Honda A/V CarPC Adapter GA-NET+
          Centrafuse Garmin Mobile PC Skin - GMPC Rebellium Skin
          3D Tuning and Car Visualizer - Preview your car in 3D, change paint job and rims

Comment

Originally posted by tempgp View Post
            since its not posted under fusion brain section (as as i dont know anything about fusion btain) but what i can recommend is that Phidgets have their 8/8/8 controllet thtat can work w/ mac/ linux and just about anything, and they have linear volume control sensor too, but you will need to do orograming for it

i have program for win and winamp but not for mac
            Well that is the same problem. The FB works under OSX too, just we dont supply software for it. OSX will recognize and install it as a generic USB device.

But hardware with no software is useless to most people.

Comment

but if you have module like phydgets do the programing gets down to 3 lines of code =)

PS: I guess i have to try fusionbrain too =)
              Acura / Honda A/V CarPC Adapter GA-NET+
              Centrafuse Garmin Mobile PC Skin - GMPC Rebellium Skin
              3D Tuning and Car Visualizer - Preview your car in 3D, change paint job and rims

Comment

Working...
              X