question: Audible levels across apps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question: Audible levels across apps

I'm curious - is there a front end or an app that allows you to specify the audio levels of different apps running on your carPC?

For example - you can have the media player playing loudly and set your GPS volume so that it's not screaming at you, "TURN LEFT!!!"

Thanks!

Iz

Windows Vista's volume mixer (and I assume Windows 7 as well) lets you adjust the volume separately for different programs.

Comment

New Vista user - never seen that before. Pretty cool. Thanks!

I wonder how Vista or Windows 7 would work for a carPC. Would have to be rather beefy.

Comment

Originally posted by _iz_ View Post
        New Vista user - never seen that before. Pretty cool. Thanks!

I wonder how Vista or Windows 7 would work for a carPC. Would have to be rather beefy.
        W7 should work fine. I wouldn't try Vista, though I've read some people have done it. W7 works surprisingly well and is no where the resource hog Vista is. I read of some guy testing W7 to see how ancient the hardware he was able to get W7 to work on. Going down the line, I think he actually got it to boot until he reached a 386 with 256M of ram. I think it froze on the splash screen. He wanted to try with more ram but couldn't find any the the time. And this is before W7 RTM was available.

Comment

Working...
        X