X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how the hell do u fit every thing in a voompc case

hi, i have a voompc case, inten D945GCLF2 MINI ITX dual core atom mb
    and im having trouble fitting everything in the case,

i cant even get the hdd in plus i did want a cd drive to but cant see that happening,

has ne1 got any pics of how they done there's

thxs

Remember when posting to include as much detail as possible.

Props for including the model of the case and the mobo

are you running 2.5 drive or a 3.5? dont know if that matters or not.

Power Supply?

I hope your using a slot drive and not a tray. I know it seems silly to ask, if you look at the specs of the case, but there are those people out there...

Are you holding your mouth right when you try to install it?

Did you pray to <insert divine holy higher power/s>?

Did you search the forums? I know fitting in a voompc has been discussed...

Wish it was a TARDIS?
    Originally posted by menudude
    thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

Comment

hi. dont know the case mode just says voompc on the front.
      i have and intel dual core atom D945GCLF2 MB AND M2-ATX PSU.
      2.5 HDD, not yet brought the slot drive,

it just seems to have to many wires inside to fit evey thing, and idont want to force it in and end up damaging it,

Comment

Originally posted by SjLucky View Post

are you running 2.5 drive or a 3.5? dont know if that matters or not.

Sure as hell matters, stick a 3.5" in there and you wouldn't have room to put a cat[color]=#f5f5f5]5 connector[/url] in there, let alone swing the damn thing.

Comment

I'm likely using the same case and you and it's not made for an optical drive. I have the same mboard as you mounted on one side of the base plate and my M2 power supply mounted on the other. There are four screw holes on the base plate under the power supply mounting feet for you to install a 2.5" hard drive. The case really won't hold much else.

Their are similar cases that are taller and have room for a slimline optical drive but doesn't sound like you've got one of those.

Pics would be helpful to confirm.

Jon

EDIT: Cabling will be a bit tough in a small case, just take your time, keep them tidy and keep them away from your cooling fans

Comment

I'm suspecting you've got a Voom PC-2, as the Voom PC doesn't have VoomPC illuminated on it (I have both as I'm in the process of upgrading) and the Voom PC-2 is designed to house an optical drive.

Ice203 - Its a bloody tight fit. I bought a SATA/Molex lead and modified the moulding on it to avoid the RAM. I also had to feed the case over very slowly, checking and doulbe checking that all connections remained secure.

I'm monitoring the heat situation as airflow is very much reduced.

My spec is Voom PC-2, Intel Atom D945GCLF2, M2-ATX, WD 320GB Scorpio 2.5" HDD and optical drive.
            Vauxhall Astra SXi Car PC installed.

Comment

When I built mine, I made double sure that all cables were routed safely, cabled tied if necessary and not flopping around. I've attached a couple of pics before it went into case. Got both slot drive and 2.5" hd in the bracket. Motherboard is a Zotac ION.

Comment

Thats tight. Tight like a tiger

Originally posted by menudude
                thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

Comment

That's a tight fit...is there even any room for the CPU to get cooled? For these cases, I dont see much point putting a optical drive on it. It's probably a better idea to get an external optical drive instead.

Btw, that is an awesome sig, sjlucky.

Comment

Working...
                  X