power supply help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power supply help

which power supply can power this system?

Asus AT3N7A-I
    2GB DDR2 800
    WD 500GB $56
    7" Lilliput 629GL
    GPS receiver BU-353
    PS3 Keyboard: $20
    DVD-rom
    and maybe a hdtv usb tuner

First, try this link.
    Then, try this link.

Lastly, there's even a wiki on this site about it. Here's the link.

Cheers,

Kris
    How Much Horsepower Can I have And Still Go To Heaven?

Comment

I guess I set myself for that one.
      Im debating between the M2 or M3, which one would better serve my needs? I have done research but im still unclear which one would be betta.

Comment

Thread moved. This is not really a technical PSU thread. This is more a newbie question. In the future please pick more appropriate threads for your questions.
        Tidder

Try RevFE
        The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

so i guess no one has an answer?

Comment

Perhaps do more research and ask more specific questions. It's hard to say if one would work over the other since nobody knows what you're doing.
            Tidder

Try RevFE
            The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Originally posted by batista08 View Post
              I guess I set myself for that one.
              Im debating between the M2 or M3, which one would better serve my needs? I have done research but im still unclear which one would be betta.
              HMMMM, I havent been giving advice like I should. The M2-ATX does look like it will do the job. You also have to base your power consumption on the USB devices you connect or plan on connecting. The Asus model you have is a ATOM based processor, so it uses very little power.

If you are worried you will need more power, for future updating, then skip the M3 all together. I have heard such bad stories about the M3-ATX. Go with the m4-ATX if you need more power. Me pesonally, I prefer OPUS products, but only problem is their PSUs are large. Mine is almost half the size of the MoBo for my main system, which is big. They are so big I had to use three M4-ATX instead to save space for my rear setup, because 3 OPUS units would have taken all my space.
              Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
              4X MK808b
              3x Perixx Touchpads
              3x 7 inch Screens
              1X 7 inch motorized Screen
              1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by ZX1Cruizer View Post
                HMMMM, I havent been giving advice like I should. The M2-ATX does look like it will do the job. You also have to base your power consumption on the USB devices you connect or plan on connecting. The Asus model you have is a ATOM based processor, so it uses very little power.

If you are worried you will need more power, for future updating, then skip the M3 all together. I have heard such bad stories about the M3-ATX. Go with the m4-ATX if you need more power. Me pesonally, I prefer OPUS products, but only problem is their PSUs are large. Mine is almost half the size of the MoBo for my main system, which is big. They are so big I had to use three M4-ATX instead to save space for my rear setup, because 3 OPUS units would have taken all my space.
                I ordered the M3 because I couldn't find a definite answer but then you posted. I was looking into the opus ps but they are quite expensive. Is there one that would suit my needs for less than $100? The ones I have found are over $150+.

Edit: I think I screwed myself because the m3 doesnt have the 4pin connector for the motherboard.

Comment

Edit: I think I screwed myself because the m3 doesnt have the 4pin connector for the motherboard.
                  nope, you can still use the m3, you will just need a adapter cable--http://store.mp3car.com/4_Pin_P4_Molex_Power_Cable_p/cbl-056.htm
                  My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                  "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
                  carpc undecided

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
                    nope, you can still use the m3, you will just need a adapter cable--http://store.mp3car.com/4_Pin_P4_Molex_Power_Cable_p/cbl-056.htm

Thanks I will make one from an old psu I have.

Comment

I ordered the M3 because I couldn't find a definite answer but then you posted. I was looking into the opus ps but they are quite expensive. Is there one that would suit my needs for less than $100? The ones I have found are over $150+.

OPUS is like the Cadilac of PSUs, so its going to be pricey. They were the only one that had a 320/360 watt PSU, so I had no choice. They are top quality and their customer support is awesome.

You could always exchange and get the M4. Try the M3 first though, I guess, that way you can see if it works for you.
                      Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                      4X MK808b
                      3x Perixx Touchpads
                      3x 7 inch Screens
                      1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
                      X