desktop cpu vs mobile cpu?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• desktop cpu vs mobile cpu?

3.00 GHz E8400 Mini Core 2 Duo (desktop) vs 2.80 GHz T9600 Mini Core 2 Duo (mobile)

What cpu would you pic, and why?

Originally posted by Rs4 View Post
    3.00 GHz E8400 Mini Core 2 Duo (desktop) vs 2.80 GHz T9600 Mini Core 2 Duo (mobile)

What cpu would you pic, and why?
    I can tell you now that the 8400 is the better cpu, I would tell you why if I had the full specs. I have sold thousands of desktops and laptops with those procs in it If you check out www.tomshardware.com you can find out how they compare.. Although to many people get caught up in Procs. What else are you going to run. You need to have 7200 rpm hd or faster and should match the memory size with the FSB.

Comment

the mobile chip would take less power to run without much performance loss, but theyre not interchangeable so what motherboards are we talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by trader007 View Post
        the mobile chip would take less power to run without much performance loss, but theyre not interchangeable so what motherboards are we talking about?
        I am not sure, but here is some info
        Code:
        http://www.in-carpc.co.uk/core2duovehiclepc.htm

Is this correct? or am I wrong?
        With destop cpu I will proberly get more power and they are cheaper to buy, but the are more noise(fan to cool down the destop cpu) and use more power from powersupply.

Comment

ok, they are different motherboards. i didnt realize you were talking about premade systems. i would just consider your price/size ratio. performance between the two will be about the same

Comment

Originally posted by trader007 View Post
            ok, they are different motherboards. i didnt realize you were talking about premade systems. i would just consider your price/size ratio. performance between the two will be about the same
            Then I will go for 3.00 GHz E8400 Mini Core 2 Duo (desktop)

Comment

Working...
            X