Help With Sound Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Sound Please

Ok so i got my car pc installed and all works fine. Except my sound. I have the zotac ion d-e board and i installed the hd realtek drivers and i managed to get my front and rear speakers playing. but i just cant figure how how to make the computer treat my rear speakers as full range speakers instead of only playing the background sounds that a traditional surround sound would have. And i know this is only do to my lack of knowledge with computer software, so if any one could please tell me how to make this thing treat all my speakers as regular speakers.

please and thank you
    o and sorry for such a noobish ? but i really need all my speakers working so pleas help this noob

some motherboard software allows you to set them up to play fullrange, but i am not familiar with them..

i would recommend using a splitter, so that the front and rear speakers play the exact same thing, and then use the amps gain controls to control the loudness of the front and rear speakers..
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

I am guessing that you have 4 channel more more audio then outputting to your speakers, in which case it is a software setup issue. If you are only using the standard 3.5mm headphone jack to a amp then your problem most likely lies in the amp. Perhaps a little clarification on your exact setup might help us figure out the problem.

Comment

ok pc wise i have a zotek ion d-e board which has onboard realtek hd audio (6-channel) and i have the 3.5 to rca adapters hooked up to the audio jacks on the board then running the rca's to the amp which is a rockford t400-4 which are running to 2 sets of rockford powers series comps. hope this helps any one in helping me and sorry its so messy my boss was coming
        thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jamezmcqueen View Post
          hope this helps any one in helping me and sorry its so messy my boss was coming
          thanks
          thats what tabbed browsers, and/or multiple computers connected to a kvm switch are for

if you were to split up the signal, and use the amps gain controls, you can use some of these to split up the signal: http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...odsInSession=1.

IMO, this is the simplest, most trouble free way of doing it...
          My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
          "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
          carpc undecided

Comment

I believe with the realtek onboard there is a setting in the audio panel software that will ebale the software to output 2 channel audio to all 6 channels, I don't have the drivers to know exactly where the setting is unfortunately

Comment

Working...
            X