best way to ground

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best way to ground

What is the best way to ground my screen, pre amp, sub amp and computer.

I found the main point in my car where everything this grounded. Should i run a ground wire from each of my items to this main ground point... etc. screen computer.

Or should i use a common ground. 1 ground wire and just tap into that ground from each of my items.?

Thanks

the preffered method would be to ground everything to a single point, instead of attaching to a ground wire.
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

I don't know if this is the best way, but I bought a ground distribution block and ran a single grounding wire (I think I used 4 gauge) from my vehicle's main ground point to the grounding block. I then used short runs from all of my components to the grounding block. I did the same thing with power, and I feel like it really helped keep the install clean.

From Soundman's response, I'm guessing my method may have some potential to cause problems depending on the components, the car layout and the quality of the ground location, but it hasn't given me any problems personally.

Comment

Challenged: You're doing essentially the same thing that soundman suggested.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

which way will best avoid a ground loop

Comment

hook everything up and see if there is a ground loop

ground loops are nasty little gremlins that aren't predictable by any means-- we could both be installing a carputer of the same specs in the same type, brand, and year of car, using the same installation techniques, and i could have a ground loop and you wouldn't...

my best advice for ground loops is to take your time to install everything properly(solid connections, good grounding), and cross that bridge when you get to it, if you do end up with one.
            My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
            "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
            carpc undecided

Comment

Working...
            X