Need Help With Motherboard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help With Motherboard

Hello i need some help with a new motherboard for my car pc, the problem i am having is with my audio. I installed all software HD Audio Drivers for the onboard sound and for some strange reason the only output for sound is "Digital Output (S/PDIF). My REAR PANEL outputs are disabled, even when i plugged in some speakers it doesn't enable. This is weird, because i tested on windows xp and windows 7, by default it is set to Digital Output, no sound coming out through rear or front panel audio. Can anyone help me? I am using a Zotac NM 10-ITX-A-E Series Motherboard. How do i get my sound through the rear and front audio instead of s/pdif? PLEASE HELPPP

Make sure the Realtek audio drivers were installed. The default Windows playback device should be set as "Realtek HD audio." You might also check in the bios and make sure Internal and External audio codecs are enabled.

Comment

Ok The drivers has been installed correctly, the default playback end up being the Digital Output S/PDIF, which i dont want and i also was in the BIOS but i didn't see anything, where would i go in the BIOS to check these settings for a Zotac MOBO?

Comment

I just uninstalled the realtek software and drivers and i let windows installed the default drivers and the only drivers installed was the digital output s/pdif, any other options to try? i cannot flash the BIOS because this MOBO only has SATA connectors.

Comment

Did it install the Realtek HD Audio Manager? If it did, you'll have a red speaker icon in the system tray. Start that and see the manual pages 35-44, especially page 41. See if that is all set correctly.

Comment

Yeah it did install it, and there is no manual for the audio manager. Now i dont know what to do.

Comment

Manual for the motherboard.

Comment

this manual is for windows xp only, im using windows 7 which the audio manager gui is different.

Comment

It may be different, but it should give you some idea of what to look for.
                  Maybe try a google search. Zotac seems to have some good help forums.
                  [/SPOONFEEDING]

Comment

Can anyone help me with my mobo audio problem?

Comment

Use the Realtek HD Audio Manager

You will need to access the Realtek Audio Manager that should have been installed when you installed the drivers. Under the Audio i/o tab, you will set each of the Audio jacks for output or input of the desired configuration. It supposed to have an auto sensing function when an the speakers are plugged in and a dialogue pop-up will appear asking what component you plugged in. This pop-up window and the auto-sensing function can be disabled so i would check the configuration.

The Manual explains this process in better detail and can be downloaded here

http://downloads.zotac.com/mediadriv.../man/pa125.pdf

Ethan

Comment

Thanks i am using windows 7 so the GUI doesn't have the Audio i/o. I already done everything i am starting to thing there is a circuit problem (faulty MOBO). I also contacted the manufacturer. Look Below. The only driver that seems to be installed is the Digital Output, even after checking to see if the drivers are under the Device Manager, Uninstalling and Reinstalling from the CD. Yes i did all this.

Comment

It's still likely a driver problem.
                          There is a specific win 7 audio driver on Zontacusa for that board.

Comment

umm it cant be a driver problem i did every possible solution and still nothing works, i completely wiped all drivers still nothing...so it maybe a faulty board i will send back and get a replacement.

Comment

did you try the driver directly from realtek?
                              did you download just the win 7 driver from Zotac?
                              I assume this is not Win 7 64 bit

Comment

Working...
                              X