Testing Wiring and screen question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing Wiring and screen question

Im using an Acer Aspire Revo with a carnetix P1900 and have it wire to the computer but was wondering if there is a way to test the power before doing all the wiring in the car. Would like to make sure I get it right.

On another note I have one of these but it doesnt work as the only monitor so was wondering if there is a way to convert it to a vga input and use it. If not then suggestions on a non touchscreen 6.5-7 inch monitor for relatively cheap to use. Thanks

There is a writeup on this in the FAQs. It outlines how to test your setup using an ATX power supply on your workbench.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by NightJumper View Post
      On another note I have one of these but it doesnt work as the only monitor so was wondering if there is a way to convert it to a vga input and use it.
      Your question isn't very clear. What is "these"? Is it one of those USB monitors? If so, I've read on here that they do work as the only monitor, but only after Windows starts up. You don't see the bootup screen before Windows has started. You'll probably have to adjust the Windows display settings to make it the primary monitor. You may need to plug in another monitor temporarily to make the change.

Comment

Working...
      X