Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Zotac Ion Question

Hey Guys

My Name's John and I've Read alot about Carputer and I wan't to make one in my Mazda 3 2006

I was planning get a Zotac ION N330 A-U OR a Zotac ION N230 C-U With M2-ATX DC-DC

But I've read that you Cannot Power the N330 with the M2-ATX.. Why?

I've read also that there is ALOT of USB Issues with the ION Series is there a way to prevent that ?

Or Should I get Intel D945 With ATOM 330?

Thank you for all your answers

You should get the D-E version it has the connectors for external power supply, the others have built in, there is no way to hook up the m2 or any other PSU, and no start up and shut down control... I have the Zotac ION and never had any USB problems, the best MB i have ever owned!!!!!!
    MY INSTAllS:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...e-install.html

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...tallation.html

Comment

Oh wow Thanks for that Quick Reply ..

What do you think of the Intel D945GCLF2 motherboard ?

Is it a good alternative if I do not play any HD DVD's or movies ?

Are you sure Except the D-E Variant there is no other ZOTAC w/o Built-in Power Supply ?

If you compare the N230 (Single-Core) and N330 (Dual-Core) The N330 is WAY MUCH Good in performance ?

Thanks again!!

Comment

You can use the A-U or C-U, but the M2 isn't the best PSU option for those variants.
        The A-U & C-U variants require a regulated 12vDC power source, not a standard 20-pin or 24-pin ATX power conenctor.
        Contrary to david's post, there are provisions for a power switch on the A-U and C-U variants, however. That would make a Carnetix P2140 a solid choice for a -U variant.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Thanks guys, I think I'll get:

M2-ATX Power Supply
          Zotac ION ITX-D-E
          2x1GO Kingston HyperX RAM 800 MHZ
          16 or 32Gb SSD
          Lilliput EBY701 Touchscreen

I Think I'll Start With that..

Do you have any Tips or thing that I should be careful with? It will be my first time Building a Carputer!

BTW : I am French sorry if my english has some mistake!

Comment

I would go with the M4-ATX, I had nothing but problems with both of the M2's i owned, also the Zotac Ion will support 4GB ram, i would do that instead of 2GB
            MY INSTAllS:

Comment

Depends on the OS desired. If going with win7, 4gb may be a better choice, but if sticking with XP and wanting to use hibernation, 2gb is a better choice. Perhaps even 1gb if you can get away with it.

I've not had an issue powering my zotac with my M2, nor had I any problems with my other M2... perhaps you just got a piece of a bad batch. The M4 is overkill for an atom-based zotac.
              Tidder

Try RevFE
              The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Originally posted by Tidder View Post
                The M4 is overkill for an atom-based zotac.
                ... Unless of course you want to monitor the incoming voltages and stuff...

The power output is overkill though. And that's probably what Tid meant.
                Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
                Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
                Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

Comment

Well ok... the M4 does have the added "coolness" factor.
                  Tidder

Try RevFE
                  The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Thanks but I'll choose the configuration I wrote on the 5th Message..

m4-atx ... 250 Watt are you kidding me ? Look the Wattage of ATOM's required

Comment

I have almost the identical setup:

M2-ATX
                      Dual Core 1.6Ghz Atom Zotac ION MB w/ 2Gb memory

The only problems I have had would be with the type of drive I selected, a standard 240Gb 2.5" harddrive. You wont experiancethese problems because you choose a SSD. Good Choice, I will be upgrading to this one day, when the prices come down.
                      2003 HCH Work Log
                      - Official OpenMobile Builder/Tester

Comment

do you have the D-E Variant From Zotac ION Gecko483 ??

And what problems you had with a standard Hard drive ?

Because yea SSD are very expensive I might get only a 16 or 32 Gb SSD or I might test a Standard First

Comment

I am running a 1TB 2.5" HD in my system, no problems what so ever, SSD's are very expensive, less storage space, however they are incredibly faster than a standard HD, I have contemplated running a SSD for my OS and standard HD for media files, i dont know if it will make too much of a difference, but im sure it would be worth checking out.
                          MY INSTAllS:

Comment

Yes and 2nd .. I Live in Quebec, If you could see the street you would understand Why I can't use a Standard Drive.

Also have the Joy of Winter.. I will probablly need to remove my carputer because the LCD will freeze and computer wont like -30C Degres

Comment

Originally posted by david69leonard View Post
                              I am running a 1TB 2.5" HD in my system, no problems what so ever, SSD's are very expensive, less storage space, however they are incredibly faster than a standard HD, I have contemplated running a SSD for my OS and standard HD for media files, i dont know if it will make too much of a difference, but im sure it would be worth checking out.
                              i have seen other posts here regarding this, and all of them say that the computer will boot faster..

otherwise, i rate hdd's this way: 5200 rpm --> 7200rpm--> ssd

i have had all three(2.5" variants) at one point in my car, and there was a noticeable difference in each step
                              My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                              "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
                              carpc undecided

Comment

Working...
                              X