Dear Moderators

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Moderators

I realize that this is probably not your full time job, and that most likely you are not in my time zone. But My God Man! I've been waiting for my post to show up for what seems like forever, it's like pulling teeth.

You may delete this...

ok, wait... I had a long new post like 1 1/2 hours ago and it's still not up. I post this and it's up in like 8 seconds! What gives?

Comment

I'm not a mod....
      But it should be up straight away....

Maybe you dropped out etc (it happens to me.... I've learned to ctrl-a ctrl-c before submitting).

Moderation is retrospective on forums that I know of....

Comment

Originally posted by OldSpark View Post
        I'm not a mod....
        But it should be up straight away....

Maybe you dropped out etc (it happens to me.... I've learned to ctrl-a ctrl-c before submitting).

Moderation is retrospective on forums that I know of....
        oi... That was a really long post, Imma have to type it all over again.

(insert smilie shooting himself in head here)

Comment

Can't be that... I have responded to two posts and made two posts of my own and all 4 have not shown up. That seems a little odd that 4 posts would not go through. Oi... I have no more energy tonight, guess it will have to wait for another day.

Comment

You're right, it's not ourvfull time jobs and we aren't on here 24 X 7. Looks like your posts got approved, so that's good. After a few posts, you won't have to wait for mod approval, so stick with it.
            Originally posted by ghettocruzer
            I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
            Want to:
            -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
            -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

lolo, our lordy yes, the hit post ... WTF ... bang head ... routine does happen a bit here. However, I wonder if it is a bit of vB problem ...

I took me a few days, too, before posting got going. I wonder if it takes a bit of posting in different forums and then getting approved before you get post access ... hmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by SapporoGuy View Post
                lolo, our lordy yes, the hit post ... WTF ... bang head ... routine does happen a bit here. However, I wonder if it is a bit of vB problem ...

I took me a few days, too, before posting got going. I wonder if it takes a bit of posting in different forums and then getting approved before you get post access ... hmmmm
                Hahaha... sorry, it's been one of those days.
                You know, drop your keys and attempt to pick up 4 or 5 times before you actually get them. Forget your door opener in your house, then your glasses, then get to work and no wallet.

One of those days...

Bangs head on wall! Looks for life reset button! Hahahaha

Comment

For those that missed Bug's post

All newbies post are subject to moderation.

Originally posted by Forum Rules
                  7. Post Moderation for New Members
                  In order to keep spam to a minimum on the forums, the first few posts of new members are approved by a moderator. Until the post is approved, it will remain in place, but will not be visible.
                  Once a set number of posts is reached (approved of course) then that restriction is removed.

More forum rules here

And as the OP and Bug stated, this is not our fulltime job, we are not on here 24Hrs and we do also come here to use the forum ourselves. So if your post doesn't get approved as soon as you post it, within the hour or heck in the same day it just means that none of the Mods have

1. Been on the board in that time frame
                  2. Had enough time to do their normal business on the forum and some spare to look at the post moderation queue.
                  3. They have looked at your post and decided it is unworthy of their time to approve.

Ok, 3 doesn't happen

well not very often anyway.

OK hardly ever.

maybe once in awhile

Oh and FYI, usually if your second post is a whinging post about your first post not showing up or getting approved, that will normally get approved and the first one won't.

*edit

FYI (2) posting in the right forum also helps your case when needing a thread approved

Comment

Dear Enforcer,

I love your last "...usually if your second post is a whinging post...., that will normally get approved and the first one won't.".

I also fully support - and understand - that practice.

(& sorry I though all went thru by default....)

Comment

Yes, no one is full time employed in moderating posts, but the mods and i moderate every day, so you should not see a delay, unless we are debating about whether your post was spam.

To help us approve your posts, just be clear and unspam like and it should be approved within 24 hours at the latest.

No vB issues that we are aware of delaying posts showing up in the moderation que.

We are of course always in search of some new mods, particularly those that are wide awake when the east coast is very asleep.
                      Suggestions or Comments on the forums? Post here.

mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

Feel free to pm me if you:
                      • Have a general comment on mp3Car's products or services
                      • Have a product you would like to have tested by the mp3Car community
                      • Have a file you would like mp3Car to host
                      • Have a cool idea that would improve the forums

Comment

lolo, +9 hours for Tokyo

i sort of hate being like 12 hours different than everybody else because most forums are like night shift ... no action

@ RTM
                        lolo, come now, who does that

@ posting delay
                        I don't think anybody is complaining, but rather, this does seem like a mystery until you post about it.

Maybe, having something in bright neon flashy colors when you sign up might catch new users' attention ... lolo ... maybe

Comment

Originally posted by SapporoGuy View Post
                          lolo, +9 hours for Tokyo

i sort of hate being like 12 hours different than everybody else because most forums are like night shift ... no action
                          I'm at -10 hours, and I agree about the no action at night. But being responsible for the network here at work, what kind of example would I be setting if I cruised the internet all day? Oh crap, I'm doing that right now... Hahahaha

Again I apologize to all for my rant, it was one of those days. Plus I had wood from finding this site and wanted to get going.

Comment

I am GMT-7, but I am on here for "the graveyard shift" usually. Bed time is when the sun has risen.
                            Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                            1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                            30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                            Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

I too am new here. And I too noticed the seemingly random when's and IF's posts would make it. Could make a post at noon, then another around 3 and the 3 o'clock post would show before the noon post, followed by a 5 o'clock post that would never show. Thought it was kinda weird but feel better now that I know I'm not the only one.

I'll conclude with some arse kissing after the mild critique: This place is awesome!! Keep up the awesome work!

Comment

Working...
                              X