Newbie - Pass 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie - Pass 2

Well I was getting close to doing something more productive with my 2001 project...

Have you ever had a car that you looked at and just realized it was going to take more than it was worth to fix the car up? That was my problem. I lack of maintenance during a winter because of this and that (including buying a house) causes some stuff to go south.

Rocker panels rusted out...minor rust here and there.
    Summer tires bald(not a real issue but factored in cost of a new van)
    Seat mounts rusting out and 2 broken
    Paint was so messed up

Thatís just a short list...

Basically the list was looked over and I decided to get a new car...

To make a long story short I got a 2003 Dodge Caravan Sport - 109K miles and was so sweet - for $2000 - KBB out it at 6200 to 6500 - State fair market value put it at 7200 which that brought on a whole issue also but whatever

Since I got it though it has be vandalized which the insurance peeps almost totaled it but they painted the whole things for me and it looks band new.

So Now I am starting all over with anew car. Question - has anyone hooked up say a amp into the speakers or maybe 2 head units before? My idea is to leave the stock headunit in for when I have my child in the car(oh btw my wife is prego). It may sound stupid to some of you but I wondered if it would cause problems. I was thinking just splice it into the output of the head unit' speakers. But I want to be sure this wouldn't maybe cause a problem where it would feed back into the headunit. Maybe I am thinking to much into it but I want to ask.

there are ways to do it by using some double pole relays, and a selector switch(basically a speaker selector in reverse), but sometimes it might be easier to just retrain your wife to use the new head unit...
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

She don't drive the van...hates mini vans...I want something taht when family is in the ride i dont have to mess with my bass settings and such and still beable to bave subs. So i am thinking of working out some way to have the stock system ready to go for that and whatever i do for gthe second setup for my bass loving needs

Comment

One or the other should be connected to the speakers - not both.

But usually the speakers used would be quite different... (ie, HU to on set; amp to the other....)

Otherwise, relays.

Comment

Working...
        X