Please explain how Radio & TV works?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please explain how Radio & TV works?

How can I enable Radio and TV in my car PC. I looked through the FAQ and couldn't find anything

My car already has an antenna for Radio ( the car stereo plugs in to this) Is it possible to somehow plug my car stereo in the cars existing aerial so I can listen to Radio through Road Runner?

Thanks in advance

you will need a tuner for fm/hd radio, for tv thats open for debate but i prefer the slingbox for my tv requirements. for fm radio i use ads instantFM usb tuner hooked up to my trucks existing antenna. some have a problem with reception with this card but it works great for me.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

What I asummed was that I could have a software tuner and plug my existing car antenna in to my car Pc via USB. is this not correct?

I looked at slingbox but I won't have a internet connection.

I also looks at ads instantFM usb tuner. but isn't this just a usb dongle? how does it connect to your existing car antenna?

Comment

no software tuner that i know of. the ads is a usb dongle that comes with an antenna that plugs into the dongle i cut it up and wired to my truck antenna. i also removed the plastic housing from dongle and run dongle inside my dash plugged into a usb male/female extension cable that way its close to truck antenna hope this clears some things up for you SNO

Comment

generally, there is not any plug-n-play solutions for adding radio to your carpc.

as sno said, there are ways to modify ones to work though..

for the terrestrial antenna, reception is usually going to be very poor in-car-- and will be even worse while moving, so most do not mess with it..
          My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
          "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
          carpc undecided

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
            generally, there is not any plug-n-play solutions for adding radio to your carpc.

as sno said, there are ways to modify ones to work though..

for the terrestrial antenna, reception is usually going to be very poor in-car-- and will be even worse while moving, so most do not mess with it..
            Ah, thanks for the help!

I can live without TV in the car

So with the radio can I use something live this? - LINKY

Comment

maybe, but you might have trouble integrating it with the front end..

there have been many solutions that people have already gone through the trouble of setting up, though i don't use am/fm, so i can't help much..

of the top of my head, there is the boomzbox hd, hd radio with mitch's cable, radioshark, and the HQCT(high quality car tuner)
              My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
              "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
              carpc undecided

Comment

Working...
              X